Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flat Tire on 495 today, less than 2K miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my first flat in 13 years of driving, guess I was due, hole was the size of a AA battery, so the pump with sealant wasn't going to work.

Getting towed to the Watertown station tomorrow :crying:

Anyone else have this happen with 19" factory tires being so thin? Anyone here get a spare rim + tire because of a flat?

Man, sorry to hear that. I went with the plug repair kit instead of the goo, but not sure if that sounds repairable.
I've got 14.5k miles on my car (half with snows though?) and I did have a flat but because of a screw (documented elsewhere on the forum).
Seems like it would be easier for them to deliver a wheel/tire to you...

22k on my 19s and I haven't had any issues em. When I got the car they were all 45psi. I checked them about around 15k miles and all 4 of them were at 40-41psi so I pumped them back up to 45. that's about it.

and if you got a flat, but aren't getting it towed until tomorrow...where is your car now? Did you drive it on the rim?

22k on my 19s and I haven't had any issues em. When I got the car they were all 45psi. I checked them about around 15k miles and all 4 of them were at 40-41psi so I pumped them back up to 45. that's about it.

and if you got a flat, but aren't getting it towed until tomorrow...where is your car now? Did you drive it on the rim?

Na Tesla Towed it to my house, was 22 miles away, and sending a 2nd truck tomorrow AM to tow it to the service center as they were closed tonight.

Update...

Got the tire replaced today at the Service Center, was very good experience, was in and out in about 1 hour. They mentioned that there was a number of other owners that had tires blowout last night as well. Just my luck :tongue:

The Towing was indeed covered 100%, but the replacement tire was not, as expected.

I also got myself a Full Spare rim and tire, due to what I do for work, I cant wait as long as I did last night for towing.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good low profile, light weight jack I can keep in the car in the unlikely event of another flat.

Nope; It was a 2 ton jack which did the trick. You could just tell it was not happy about it. It was one of my old race quick jacks so it was used to 1600lb cars and is "geared" to quick lifting which makes dealing with a heavy car that much more difficult.

Please don't tell me that was 495S right before the 290 offramp in the middle lane. That's where I got mine recently and if they haven't patched that hole then *WTF*

Whoa very similar circumstances, it was a bit after the 290 merge on 495S and it was the middle lane, no real pot hole.
I think it was a bolt or piece of metal that it picked up, looking at the tire it put 1-2 "AA" battery size holes in it that I could see clearly.