Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, not entirely true Matt...the Model S is an Alpha build now (on top of a proven battery pack, motor & gearbox in the Roadster.)

Understand that at this point the Model S is a spec sheet. So the correct words are not IS but rather WILL BE (maybe). You're implying I can say I will be building a 400hp, 400 mile range EV in the next couple of years, and brag about how much better it IS than the Roadster?

Whatever the final delivery schedule may be, they apparently do have some sort of pre-production run going at Valmet - I caught the tail end of a presentation by Henrik Fisker at the World Future Energy Summit in Abu Dhabi last week, where he claimed as much and showed a few pics of Karmas in various states of completion on an assembly line.

I tried to snap a cell-phone photo of his presentation, but the image quality is too crappy to be of much use...

Whatever the final delivery schedule may be, they apparently do have some sort of pre-production run going at Valmet - I caught the tail end of a presentation by Henrik Fisker at the World Future Energy Summit in Abu Dhabi last week, where he claimed as much and showed a few pics of Karmas in various states of completion on an assembly line.

I tried to snap a cell-phone photo of his presentation, but the image quality is too crappy to be of much use...

well that is encouraging and discouraging at the same time. Fisker has a month (its almost feb at this point) to get validation units built and crash test them. Pre-production units typically mean a 4-6 month more until production. Of course Fisker could speed things along, but I expect another announcement stating deliveries starting in may.

By the way, Fisker appears to be moving to a bigger space.

http://fiskerbuzz.com/forums/Thread-Fisker-HQ-moving-to-Anaheim

this again IMHO points to another delay. I would never move my headquarters during a product launch. A product launch is very hectic by itself add in a move, that's pure chaos. Moving takes away time and resources from (Fisker's first and only product at this point). Did I mention a fiscal nightmare? Product launches usually mean overtime for almost every dept. add in a move, who is going to pack up all the stuff? Either pay mover to pack it or pay employees that aren't getting overtime from the launch overtime. I'm going to stick with my est. of may-june delivery of the Karma