Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First NZ Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What prep did you need to do to the car for the trip? I'd assume that you'll have to arrange a local NZ sim install once it gets to you - and that it's off the air now.
Yeah it's off the air because it's locked inside a Faraday cage. The only prep I did was putting the car into energy saving mode. Even then I'm expecting it to be DOA, but a jump start should be enough to get it out of the container.

If the Euro SIM doesn't roam then ideally I'd like to put an NZ SIM in. As a temporary measure the car can tether to my phone, but then I lose all the cool app remote control features.

Yeah it's off the air because it's locked inside a Faraday cage. The only prep I did was putting the car into energy saving mode. Even then I'm expecting it to be DOA, but a jump start should be enough to get it out of the container.

If the Euro SIM doesn't roam then ideally I'd like to put an NZ SIM in. As a temporary measure the car can tether to my phone, but then I lose all the cool app remote control features.

From what I read on this forum I think the 'modem' component is behind the touch screen.

EDIT found the post
Where-is-the-SIM-card-located/page2

Last edited:
Less than a week till she arrives!

Screen Shot 2014-11-03 at 12.06.52 am.png

Wow, so it will arrive tonight? Whangerei to Auckland is not that far as I recall (have lived in NZ for a couple of years). Hopefully customs will not be too difficult so you can start enjoying your MS in the beginning of next week. Would love to see the faces of all those Kiwi's who have never seen one before... Hope you will share some stories.