Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats ddruz!

I hope rlang69 and Btrflyl8e (and me!) are all driving our cars by this time next weekend! They still haven't officially moved my delivery up from 5/20, but knowing it got on the truck last week, I can't wait to call my DS first thing tomorrow morning to get an update!

Congrats ddruz!

I hope rlang69 and Btrflyl8e (and me!) are all driving our cars by this time next weekend! They still haven't officially moved my delivery up from 5/20, but knowing it got on the truck last week, I can't wait to call my DS first thing tomorrow morning to get an update!

It's rlang59 but I also hope you get your car by next weekend.

Part 2: Palm Springs trip

So after plugging into the ACE Hotel the first day that I arrived in PS (adding about 40 miles to the car) I plugged into the house rental's 110v plug for the remainder of the trip. This turned out better than expected, as I didn't have to drive much with the car (about 15 miles per day), and I was able to get the car back to full each night I was in PS. On my last day, I range charged to 203 rated miles (didn't have enough time to get it to 211), again did some driving around the city and began my trek home (roughly 103 miles) with 188 rated miles. The first 20-25 miles out of PS was interesting as the headwinds/gusts were very strong. There is a reason why they put so many electricity generating windmills there. Expended a lot of energy going against the wind to maintain speed. At one point, I looked down at my rated miles which stated 166 miles, but the energy consumption monitor indicated I would get 88 miles going against the wind. Luckily you only face the wind for the 20 or 25 miles getting out of PS. The rest of the trip home was a breeze. In those first 25 miles, I set the cruise control at 68 mph. after that, I went with traffic speed, which ranged from 50 mph up to 90 mph (average about 68 mph). I arrived home with 66 rated miles left.

My friends were envious of the car, and wanted to get a ride whenever possible. It was fun (and damn hot) driving with the car in PS. In fact, I burned my finger on the vinyl seats as I had the car in the sun all day (blistered too). I forgot to bring my windshield covers with me. I got a few people taking pictures of the car, and one of me with the car.

Overall a successful trek to PS with the 60 kWh car. I am debating whether to use the car for a business trip down to San Diego. The hotel I am staying at doesn't have (or the staff is clueless) plugs (240 or 110) that I can connect to while there. Since it is business, not sure I can just drop my car off at some charging station and be able to get back to it within an expected time (i'll be in meetings all day). This will require a lot more planning than the PS trip.

Thanks, Apoclyps. This is very helpful info since I'm planning a trip of similar distance soon! I will likely need to charge at an RV park since there will be extremely limited options at or near my destination (Seminole to Ocala). Luckily FL has no shortage of RV parks with 50 amp hookups!

Got the e-mail tonight - car is at the Rockville Service Center (arrived tonight)! First available pick-up slot is Thursday. Btrflyl8e hit the date exactly (by purposely overshooting one day!). I don't know how I am going to last until then.

Got the e-mail tonight - car is at the Rockville Service Center (arrived tonight)! First available pick-up slot is Thursday. Btrflyl8e hit the date exactly (by purposely overshooting one day!). I don't know how I am going to last until then.
Educated guess but I'm so glad for you that it came true! I have only 3 hours left to wait...the only bad thing is that I couldn't get out of a few meetings today...but i might just take them from the car! Who would know, it will be so quiet...

Educated guess but I'm so glad for you that it came true! I have only 3 hours left to wait...the only bad thing is that I couldn't get out of a few meetings today...but i might just take them from the car! Who would know, it will be so quiet...

Just remeber to breathe as they hand over the key fob. And remember (as I didnt) to go over the checklist of things you should cover while still at the SC. One thing is the tire pressure. I asked my DS to check the tire pressure as they usually have them high during transport. My DS said they did, and 10 min after leaving the SC I got a tire pressure warning. But it went away after driving more (and I do get the warning once in a while....not sure why).

ask them this for me, pretty please?. How does one get the charge cable to release when using a public charger. With the UMC you press the button while car is unlocked. But a public charger has not such button. With a public charger i turn off/end charging, make sure the car is unlocked, and it doesnt release (stays dark blue). So far my "fix" is to release the cable from the Tesla adapter, which causes the light to turn white and release.

inhale...exhale...inhale....exhale....repeat

ask them this for me, pretty please?. How does one get the charge cable to release when using a public charger. With the UMC you press the button while car is unlocked. But a public charger has not such button. With a public charger i turn off/end charging, make sure the car is unlocked, and it doesnt release (stays dark blue). So far my "fix" is to release the cable from the Tesla adapter, which causes the light to turn white and release.

inhale...exhale...inhale....exhale....repeat
That's essentially how I do it. I use a J1772 at home. So, when I approach the car, handles pop out, car unlocks, and the port is dark blue if its finished charging. Then I pull the trigger on the J1772, port turns light blue, then I pull the J1772 nozzle out and then I pull the adapter immediately after. Otheriwse it locks back. I read somewhere people said to can pull the whole J1772 nozzle and adapter combo out, then detach the adapter. BT honestly, I've not gotten that to work yet.