Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, this is one of two things that bothers me about this update:
  1. Top bar slides up and away. I wish there was an option to have it persist (Is there one? maybe I missed it).
  2. Still no Spotify. :(
I love everything else about this update.

Clarification on this....the top menu bar ONLY hides when the map is full screen or at the top. In any other configuration, including Map on bottom menu is there ALL the time. They way it seems to work is that they want to keep the Map as close to eye-level as possible so it defaults to and has a bias for the top, so when you press the Nav icon is appears at the top, when you press anything other than Nav it defaults to the bottom. You can always use the "flip" button to change position but Nav is top-biased and when at the top hides the menu.

I stopped by the local SvC this morning and drank my coffee there to see if 8.0 would download. No luck.
Drove by the Fremont factory at lunch. No luck and an employee told me that most of the inventory cars are still on 7.1.

Sounds like there is no rushing this one, just wait for the stable version to arrive when it arrives.

Do you get a notice on the app that's it's available? Or do I need to go and check the car?
I'm confident 8.0 is no different in how the update notification occurs and then installs in previous releases. If you have:
  1. the notification for software updates checked on the Tesla App
  2. you have enabled those notifications for your OS (like in iOS preferences, or whatever is its equivalent on Android)
  3. the app is running in the background of your smartphone
  4. your smartphone has Internet data connectivity
  5. And of course your MS has 3G, LTE or WiFi connectivity
you should get an update on your phone after your MS receives the download, checks and unpacks it, and displays the "new update ready for installation" pop-up on you CID. Then, when I see the notice, I go out to my MS when I know I've got a couple hours before I will need to drive and either install the update NOW, or schedule for a later time. Easy. The update will sit there until you choose to take action and install it -- that's how some people delay installation of a particular update for one reason or another.