Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming all reports are from the USA, which I think they are, we are at ~71% at this point. Mine is installing now. I have figured out the magical formula to get the update. It is a combination of...

1) Liking every post where someone says they got 8.0
2) Asking magic 8 ball
3) Staring at graphical representation of internet traffic destined for your Tesla
4) Rain dances with varying levels of dress

Carry on.

Assuming all reports are from the USA, which I think they are, we are at ~71% at this point. Mine is installing now. I have figured out the magical formula to get the update. It is a combination of...

1) Liking every post where someone says they got 8.0
2) Asking magic 8 ball
3) Staring at graphical representation of internet traffic destined for your Tesla
4) Rain dances with varying levels of dress

Carry on.

Looks like your wife didn't boot you out of the house...:)

I saw that post that disappeared...;)

Well..hopped in the car about 45 min ago to run to the store...paired it up with my mobile hotspot as I cannot access WiFi @ home (condo). Open my data app and notice something downloading @ 3mb/s goes to 190mbs and stops...so surely I am excited. Get to store, park go in and come back out to car and no notifications or anything..start to drive home and pair it back to my hotspot..again open data app...same thing..something dl @ 3.0mb/s and this time stopped at 189mb. Now I am home inside and just waiting to get the notification on my phone...

For those of you who monitored the DL..how long after the DL did you get the notification?

Ooooh, V8 magically appeared this morning (well the notice did). I got so eager to get it going after I parked at work that I 'broke' it. Tap tap tap on the countdown and it jumped to 1 second. Then opened the trunk (had to get bag) oops. Check back in on CID and it says the update completed, checking. Ooops. Hung. Two wheel reset of CID and try again. (don't try this at home/yourself)

Initial observations

Nice features:
  • You can now add Trip A or B to the IC
  • Radio stations now show station graphics/name when available.
  • The AP sees bicycles now! I've been scared how I NEVER saw any indication of a bicycle even when it was in my lane. Motorcycles, cars, trucks yes. But today it showed me a bicyclist in the bike lane to my right. Major safety improvement.
  • Seeing the car in front of the car in front is nice. Time to tell how much better it is in practice
  • Based on a grand total of 10 miles of driving, it seems that the throttle/regen algorithm is improved. More regen more smoothly further down toward stop.
  • New look. Jury's out but not bad.
  • 'full screen' mode for maps has a nice look. We'll see whether it overcomes the extra tap behavior needed.
Not so nice:
  • STILL No phone favorites. Surely I'm not the only one with hundreds or thousands of contacts in the phone. No way to get the regulars to the top unless they are also recent. Lame
  • Media player favorites all scrambled. All the streaming stations I had are gone. Got to set it up again
  • Loss of alpha scroll on the right side. What were they thinking? Royal pain for USB media. Would have been ok if search worked on USB but it does not appear to
  • Reports that Amps/Volts gone from supercharger mode. Booo hisss. Lame. Could have just been buried as an option. The geek in me loves to see how much it's getting and it's good to get early warnings if you're taxing the source.
  • The forced locations of different apps is questionable. The old system was elegant. Better choice would have been to remember which half last deployed

Reactions: msnow
Came home from work and the gym at 5:53 pm tonight, confirmed the car was connected to wifi, then received the notification at 6:46 pm to update the software and it completed at 7:54 pm. Glad to be in the 8.0 club with the rest of you!

I may have missed or skipped the conversation earlier in the thread but I noticed it logged me out of Slacker like others had noted. Is there any drawback to staying logged out? I'm curious whether you're getting anything additional by logging in. I saw a previous comment about someone syncing with favorites they did on a desktop client. Is there any other benefit?

OMG it might be happening! First the Debate and now this?! What a Monday night! Can't test out because it hasn't completed yet. I'll wait until tomorrow. Night
IMG_2627.PNG

Reactions: JenniferQ
Just installed 8.0. First impressions are the layout is better. Need to get used to it but it sure looks nice. Hope AP is as good as they claim. Looks like it broke my remote s though which is a bummer. Hope Allen gets to work on it soon as I love it and the tesla app is just so blah.

Reactions: JenniferQ
Just installed 8.0. First impressions are the layout is better. Need to get used to it but it sure looks nice. Hope AP is as good as they claim. Looks like it broke my remote s though which is a bummer. Hope Allen gets to work on it soon as I love it and the tesla app is just so blah.
Interesting. My RemoteS is still working and my Slacker (Tesla login) stayed logged in as well. Wonder why the arbitrary differences?