Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My latest update added the ability to turn off "all doors close" from the key fob. So now it can be disabled if one selects. Also when the car is stopped the front driver a passenger doors can be opened, even not in parked. The Falcon Wing doors remain inactive until park. Additionally, in the doors function, when stopped you can "one Touch" the Trunk to UNLOCK and not open.

Since the last update, my fwd will close 90% of the way then stop alerting it has detected an object.

It does this when there is nothing in sight.

I have to press the close button again then it goes down.

It does this 50% of the time.

Anybody else have these issues?
We had that problem with one door. It got so bad that sometimes I had to press close two or three times. The service center said that one of the updates adjusted a common closing arc, causing it to trip a loose sensor more often. They took off some panel, reseated the sensor, and ensured that none of the wires running through it were causing problems. Then they did the other side preemptively just in case. It's been perfect ever since.

My 90D is still at 2.28.75 - updated on 8/3/2016. My passenger side FWD has started the obstacle detect about 90% of the time when its path is not obstructed. Going in to the Service Center on Tuesday. Today I noticed a very thin black wire was visible for about 3 inches midway the door.

My 90D is still at 2.28.75 - updated on 8/3/2016. My passenger side FWD has started the obstacle detect about 90% of the time when its path is not obstructed. Going in to the Service Center on Tuesday. Today I noticed a very thin black wire was visible for about 3 inches midway the door.
I'm having this exact same issue, just started a few days ago.

Now when I close the front passenger door the window either rolls down half way by itself or goes over the trim

Grr.....and service soon message just came in
I had that issue on Day 1 after taking delivery...My nearest service center is 2000Km away:eek:. I lowered the window glass prior to closing the door and then inch by inch I sneakily fully closed the window glass... after a couple of such tries it was magically fixed. There is also a thread on calibration.

Reactions: Softwizard
Just got a new update alert on my phone. Has anyone installed it yet?
Hoping for the new big software!?

I'm at 2.30.61 as of today. My Service Center person told me there was a change in this one for the FaWDs. I was having problems with my Drivers side one not going down sometimes and nothing seemed to be in the way.

6zLzxFq.png

I'm at 2.30.61 as of today. My Service Center person told me there was a change in this one for the FaWDs. I was having problems with my Drivers side one not going down sometimes and nothing seemed to be in the way.

6zLzxFq.png

Thanks for the information. I have 2.30.61 installed and still having false obstruction detected with the Fa Doors. I will check with the SC next week.

My latest update added the ability to turn off "all doors close" from the key fob. So now it can be disabled if one selects. Also when the car is stopped the front driver a passenger doors can be opened, even not in parked. The Falcon Wing doors remain inactive until park. Additionally, in the doors function, when stopped you can "one Touch" the Trunk to UNLOCK and not open.

My release notes for 2.30.61 also indicates that one can prevent the Auto Open Front Door function for 30 seconds by locking the Model X from the keyfob. So if you're approaching your car and are worried the door will open into traffic (or anything else, like a car pulling in next to your spot in a parking lot), press once on the keyfob and the car will stay locked and the front door won't open automatically when you approach.

However, pressing the keyfob twice still causes the front door to open automatically when unlocking the car, so we're only halfway there to a perfect solution. Once Tesla can give us a way to manually unlock the car from the keyfob without opening the front door, I'll be happy.

Reactions: KaiserSoze
Thanks for the information. I have 2.30.61 installed and still having false obstruction detected with the Fa Doors. I will check with the SC next week.

Just downloaded 2.30.61 and the passenger side FWD is sometimes false sensing an obstacle when CLOSING. Guess we'll make another trip to the SC. My driver side FWD used to false sense an obstacle on OPENING (red line) but that seems to have been fixed since they replaced and remounted the sensor in that door.

This morning I woke up to a software update. The update FINALLY(!) adds a setting to turn off the one-press-all-door-close functionality on the keyfob. I would have loved it even better if there was an option to make it double click or triple, but being able to turn off the accidental pocket door close is great. Thanks for listening to the forums Tesla!

Lol ..I was one of those that had requested the feature to close all doors from the keyfob. Of course didn't realize how sensitive the top of the keyfob is and have a few times almost decapitated myself getting stuff from the trunk.

I like that TM made this an option to choose from. Anything else that came in this release?