Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just plugged-in to my HPWC for the first time after applying 2.18.77 yesterday, and noticed a slight tweak to the scheduled charging screens. Whereas my normal scheduled charge has always been set and shown as "12:00 AM", it's now "00:00" on both the IC and CID. Same difference and trivial on it's own, but it's one concrete proof-point Tesla definitely tweaked more than just Summon with 2.18.77.

• Informative
Reactions: msnow
It wouldn't be a complaint from me. I find it too abrupt, so don't use the Standard setting. If they've reduced it I may need to try Standard again, since ideally I'd like to be regenerating more.
Played with this this afternoon. I like it! :) Two changes: more gentle application of regen braking and regen cuts out entirely at low speeds so that you continue to coast (say, up to the light, rather than stopping 30 ft. short of it). I will now be using Standard as my standard.

Played with this this afternoon. I like it! :) Two changes: more gentle application of regen braking and regen cuts out entirely at low speeds so that you continue to coast (say, up to the light, rather than stopping 30 ft. short of it). I will now be using Standard as my standard.
If you were stopping too soon that just means you need to ease up on the pedal more gently. In every update someone thinks they changed regen. It's gotten to be a standing joke around there. I hope its not really "more gentle" or that I can coast with my foot off the accelerator.

Reactions: dgpcolorado
If you were stopping too soon that just means you need to ease up on the pedal more gently
Sorry, but 40 years of driving has irrevocably taught me to brake to a stop, not accelerate less to a stop. And I doubt I'm alone there.
So there comes a point where I need to guess how much "roll" is left and start braking. Used to be if I guessed wrong it would stop short. Now, not so much.

Got the "imminent collision warning" today for the first time ever. I have my warning set to "late" and always have. There was a car making a right turn quite a ways in front of me. No way I could have hit him. Might have to turn warning to "off" if this keeps happening.
My Outback gives me its frantic beep-beep-beep "Oh, my freakin' Gawd you're about to lead us all to a fiery death!" warning every
few days. It seems to have less tolerance for close maneuvering than I do.

Sorry, but 40 years of driving has irrevocably taught me to brake to a stop, not accelerate less to a stop. And I doubt I'm alone there.
So there comes a point where I need to guess how much "roll" is left and start braking. Used to be if I guessed wrong it would stop short. Now, not so much.
And I've been driving more than 40 years, but after 3 days of driving the Model S I got used to one pedal driving and rarely using the brake (and prefer it). It's also much less wear on the brakes this way. Now it's hard to drive an ICE when I have to.

Regen has behaved this way since, oh....mid-2012.

Now it's hard to drive an ICE
And that's a good thing? I drive both my Tesla and an ICE car and expect to be doing so for a very long time.
I suspect exclusively (or even just "mostly") Tesla-only drivers are the exception, not the rule. I have no problem
with the Tesla giving the option of using a different driving style, but there's a legitimate justification for also
providing the option of "traditional" (two-pedal) driving. After all, it's all just software ;)

I suspect the opposite. Most Tesla owners won't drive anything else if they can avoid it.
Not even my Ferrari. Broken record, sorry. But, why do those brakes make so much noise all the time? Not to mention all those other ICE noises that used to make me weak in the knees. I try really hard to want to drive the other ICEs still in our stable, but Tesla just has all of them beaten.

Reactions: Nevek
My Outback gives me its frantic beep-beep-beep "Oh, my freakin' Gawd you're about to lead us all to a fiery death!" warning every
few days. It seems to have less tolerance for close maneuvering than I do.

My MBZ does as well. All kinds of beeps. But this is the first time I've ever had it in the Tesla. And I blame it on this latest software update. Think others have had it happen as well, but didn't have the time to find those posts.

And that's a good thing? I drive both my Tesla and an ICE car and expect to be doing so for a very long time.
I suspect exclusively (or even just "mostly") Tesla-only drivers are the exception, not the rule. I have no problem
with the Tesla giving the option of using a different driving style, but there's a legitimate justification for also
providing the option of "traditional" (two-pedal) driving. After all, it's all just software ;)
I've been driving an i3 for almost two years and the MS regen is wimpy. My wife complained that the MS didn't allow one pedal driving and forced us to use the friction brakes. The Tesla regen seems to cut out entirely around 3-5mph, necessitating the use of the brake pedal at every light whereas with the i3 we are quite adept at never using the 2nd pedal.

Since there are two settings for regen, I'd like to see Tesla have more aggressive regen, or at least not fade away, and then less agressive for owners like RogerHScott who want little difference between their ICE and Tesla.