Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else that had their original AutoPilot firmware form 10-15-2015 updated seen their rear heated seats disappear? Since I was updated to 2.9.40, and then 2.9.77 to see if it would fix it, we have lost our rear heated seats from the menu. Steering wheel and windshield and front seats all are there but the option to turn on the rear heated seats vanished. The excellent team at my local Service Center told me after some further investigation that it is indeed a firmware issue and "should" be fixed in 7.1 I sure wish we had some kind of ETA on that. It has been 25 degrees F in our area the past few mornings and the little ones miss their heated seats on the ride to school. I do preheat the car before we leave but they have gotten spoiled with their heated seats.

Has anyone else that had their original AutoPilot firmware form 10-15-2015 updated seen their rear heated seats disappear? Since I was updated to 2.9.40, and then 2.9.77 to see if it would fix it, we have lost our rear heated seats from the menu. Steering wheel and windshield and front seats all are there but the option to turn on the rear heated seats vanished. The excellent team at my local Service Center told me after some further investigation that it is indeed a firmware issue and "should" be fixed in 7.1 I sure wish we had some kind of ETA on that. It has been 25 degrees F in our area the past few mornings and the little ones miss their heated seats on the ride to school. I do preheat the car before we leave but they have gotten spoiled with their heated seats.

I was on 2.9.40 for about a month and the rear seat heaters definitely worked. Haven't checked since I got 2.9.77 a few days ago, but I'll take a look tonight.

I was on 2.9.40 for about a month and the rear seat heaters definitely worked. Haven't checked since I got 2.9.77 a few days ago, but I'll take a look tonight.

I secretly hope you don't either as that would make it easier to fix. The only other anomaly I have is that our car has rear executive seats.
image.jpeg

The only other anomaly I have is that our car has rear executive seats.

That's very interesting! Last week, while my car was in the service center for a radar recalibration, the loaner I drove happened to have rear executive seats.
I was trying to demonstrate to someone how the seat heaters can be controlled separately for the seatback and the seat bottom, but I couldn't as they showed up just like in your screenshot.
The loaner definitely had the cold weather package since the steering wheel heater was available (and I tried it). I seem to recall firmware version 2.9.40 on that loaner.
So it could very well be that this firmware bug affects executive seats only.. sorry to hear!

PS: I just checked mine, rear seat heaters work just fine. Hope you get yours back promptly!

That's very interesting! Last week, while my car was in the service center for a radar recalibration, the loaner I drove happened to have rear executive seats.
I was trying to demonstrate to someone how the seat heaters can be controlled separately for the seatback and the seat bottom, but I couldn't as they showed up just like in your screenshot.
The loaner definitely had the cold weather package since the steering wheel heater was available (and I tried it). I seem to recall firmware version 2.9.40 on that loaner.
So it could very well be that this firmware bug affects executive seats only.. sorry to hear!

PS: I just checked mine, rear seat heaters work just fine. Hope you get yours back promptly!

I wish I read this thread last night. I just returned a loaner with 2.7.77 and executive rears. I could have checked to compare against that v7 version.

Talked to a Sales Advisor today, and he mentioned that 7.1 is imminent, and includes summoning the car e.g. out of a garage. Not sure how much credibility to give to such statements from Sales Advisors, but let's see...

I'm skeptical, but it would be nice if it was true.

Also, I've had confidence all along that the current hardware could handle all of the AP functionality EXCEPT summoning. I'm very curious to see how they implement this. Right now, low objects (curbs, etc.) in front of the car get lost once you get too close. It's going to need to keep track of these things.

Right now, low objects (curbs, etc.) in front of the car get lost once you get too close. It's going to need to keep track of these things.

That's not true. Have you ever tried to go over a bumper block, it counts down the distance, then it "gets lost" and the car sees the wall (or something) which you might be a decent distance away, and then out of nowhere the car starts beeping at you to stop?

Yeah, it can easily track that bumper block with the telemetry of the car, without having to see it. Same should apply for curbs. Now if it's truly very low, the car should be able to just drive over it.

- - - Updated - - -

:biggrin: he was talking about "has been approved for roll out". But yeah...

That's different. That's only 1.5 years away! ;)

That's not true. Have you ever tried to go over a bumper block, it counts down the distance, then it "gets lost" and the car sees the wall (or something) which you might be a decent distance away, and then out of nowhere the car starts beeping at you to stop?

Yeah, it can easily track that bumper block with the telemetry of the car, without having to see it. Same should apply for curbs. Now if it's truly very low, the car should be able to just drive over it.

- - - Updated - - -

That's different. That's only 1.5 years away! ;)
My personal experiment with two wood studs 2x4 stack on top of each other proved to me that you can topple them by the front bumper without the car yelling stop.

That's not my experience. Once I get close to the bumper block, all indications, including beeping, stop. But I agree, tracking the telemetry should allow it to keep track of stationary objects. But what about moving ones?

When I have a loaner, I get the "STOP!" alert as I back into my garage and approach the 2" lip. Part of it though could be b/c the car is also freaking out at the rest of the entrance.

My 4Runner and S have since swapped places. This pic was taken when I first got the S.
7CP8wXc.jpg

I don't recall where I heard it, but someone mentioned that the "summoning " part requires "training".. in that you drive the route you want the car to take to be "summoned", and it just follows that route with GPS and/or dead-reckoning. So it's not as smart as you would think "come get me >here<" kind of thing where the car hasn't been to >here< before. Same with parking in the garage -- you train it how to do it, and it just repeats that.

That's not my experience. Once I get close to the bumper block, all indications, including beeping, stop. But I agree, tracking the telemetry should allow it to keep track of stationary objects. But what about moving ones?

Moving curbs? Umn... that's a whole 'nother set of issues there.

When I have a loaner, I get the "STOP!" alert as I back into my garage and approach the 2" lip. Part of it though could be b/c the car is also freaking out at the rest of the entrance.

I have a lip too at home, and it doesn't always react to it, but often times I get the STOP message too.

I don't recall where I heard it, but someone mentioned that the "summoning " part requires "training".. in that you drive the route you want the car to take to be "summoned", and it just follows that route with GPS and/or dead-reckoning. So it's not as smart as you would think "come get me >here<" kind of thing where the car hasn't been to >here< before. Same with parking in the garage -- you train it how to do it, and it just repeats that.

I read about someone speculating about that on TMC. Don't think a Tesla authority ever came out and admitted/said that, could be wrong though.