Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really don't want to get into the login credentials/Oauth game just to extract firmware tracker updates... but if we can make it work with EVMOTE, that might be the path of least resistance (assuming that firmware build number is available in the Tesla API).

I think the firmware build number must be available in the Tesla API because Visible Tesla displays it.

VT showing firmware version.jpg

Hopefully this is the last bit of OT, but Rego said Remote S does not store passwords. It stored the returned token. I believe he said anyone could hook up a sniffer and watch the data and see that the login credentials were not going to him.
and Allen's upstream data has been sniffed, though it's been a while ;-)

it appears connects to Tesla's servers, pass encypted uname/pw with secret key and stores returned oauth info. There has been times where that becomes stale and you'll see emails where a simple logout/login recreates a new token.

i don't believe in any remote, non-trusted, site consuming my password and doing the authentication with TM on my behalf as I can't sniff its data. As much as I love and trust you all nfw ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure there's any evidence Tesla is pushing this OTA to people in the US. I could be wrong, and it's not easy to tell from the tracker, but from what I recall reading, I think .77 has been pushed in other countries, and a few people in the US have received it at service centers. One poster who hadn't received any OTA updates in a very long time also received it OTA, in response to his query about why he had not been receiving OTA updates, but that would appear to be a one-off.

another data point on .77 being SC only. My car is at SC and was updated. FW update time ~2 hours (supposedly AP updates are 2 hours at SC, whereas non-AP are < 10 mins). fixes on .77 include internal temp algorithm update, for better heating, and LTE FW upgrade for better stability of radio stack.

My car was at the SC yesterday. They installed .77 while it was there.

Nice. Two questions:

1) Do you now have the temperature and time permanently in the instrument cluster (NOT in the clock app)?
2) Does a lane change initiated during Autosteer require you to hold the steering wheel or can it still be done without touching the wheel at all (before/during/after the lane change)?

Elon just announced in the earnings call that they are going to put in some Autopilot "restrictions" to stop it being used in some situations. (He refereed to the "crazy" youtube videos)

Agreed.

Some of these crazy people ruin it for all of us that at least try to be sensible most of the time. They are the ones that help cause the press to take on a life of its own sometimes when it may not really be that justified. Personally, I try not to watch videos and read articles that I suspect may be of the sensational crazy type, especially related to subjects I care most about, like my MS... I probably miss out on some laughs and grimaces, and I'm just one person, but it's one less count they receive that incent them or others to do something similar -- and perhaps harm themselves or others along the way. ;)

Elon just announced in the earnings call that they are going to put in some Autopilot "restrictions" to stop it being used in some situations. (He refereed to the "crazy" youtube videos)

Hopefully it's just a weight sensor, to prevent autopilot driving with no one in the driver's seat. He was almost certainly referring to wk057's video (which was made safely.)

I made the post below, in that thread, just after Musk made his comments. The video is at the beginning of that thread, of course.

Pretty sure Musk just referred to this video in the earnings call, both in his comment about "crazy things people are doing" and with respect to the restrictions they'd be adding! You're famous! (Or infamous!) :)

Nice. Two questions:

1) Do you now have the temperature and time permanently in the instrument cluster (NOT in the clock app)?
2) Does a lane change initiated during Autosteer require you to hold the steering wheel or can it still be done without touching the wheel at all (before/during/after the lane change)?

Yes on temp, pic below. No on Time, still on 17"
image.jpeg

autosteer works as before, no hands required

Heating is MUCH better on .77 and now passes WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) ;-)

only other her thing ice noticed, though honestly can't remember if it was there <.77 is side avoidance collision setting, pics below
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice. Two questions:

1) Yes. Temp over on the lower left side of center and time on the lower right side of center. Temp is no longer along the top of the 17" display. Time is still in the upper right of the 17" display

2) Did a couple of lane changes this evening during AP usage, no touching of the steering wheel required either time at any time before, during, and after.

Yes on temp, pic below. No on Time, still on 17"
View attachment 100031

Forgive me, but one would think that when the car is off and saying it will charge at a specific time, that it would be good to display the current time on the same screen?!? I know I could easily see the time elsewhere and why do I need to know it when I'm not driving, but why do I effectively need to be told charging is scheduled when I was also told what time charging will begin?!?

I'm glad Tesla is tweaking things for our desires, but I still cannot understand the mindset around some of these decisions.

The matter of a side collision system has been raised in this thread.

The other day I was driving in very heavy rain on the interstate. At one point, when I was being passed by a faster car in the lane left of mine, there was a buzz or warning tone and the steering wheel tried to jerk right in my hands, which was not too hard to resist. I assumed the car passing me raised a rooster tail of water that must have gotten pretty close to mine, triggering some kind of side collision prevention system. If so, it was a misfire that they should try to program not to happen.

I think it happened when I had AP off. I did try AP on that drive because the display showed it was reading the lane lines despite the heavy rain and bad conditions; however I kept my hands full on the wheel because of those conditions. Although I think the misfire occurred during the time I had AP off, I am embarrassed to say I can't be 100% sure thinking back on it now: there's a small chance happened was while it was on.

The matter of a side collision system has been raised in this thread.

The other day I was driving in very heavy rain on the interstate. At one point, when I was being passed by a faster car in the lane left of mine, there was a buzz or warning tone and the steering wheel tried to jerk right in my hands, which was not too hard to resist. I assumed the car passing me raised a rooster tail of water that must have gotten pretty close to mine, triggering some kind of side collision prevention system. If so, it was a misfire that they should try to program not to happen.

I think it happened when I had AP off. I did try AP on that drive because the display showed it was reading the lane lines despite the heavy rain and bad conditions; however I kept my hands full on the wheel because of those conditions. Although I think the misfire occurred during the time I had AP off, I am embarrassed to say I can't be 100% sure thinking back on it now: there's a small chance happened was while it was on.

Will be very interesting to read the responses to this post. As I read pages 77-78 of the new 7.0 Owners Manual a) it's not on if Autosteer is engaged b) should not be used in certain conditions such as rain. What I didn't find is if there's another way to turn it off easily other than in the Driver Assistance settings on the 17" screen.