Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
more like this...

2015-10-24-closer-up-to-pow.jpg

the green regen bar would light up and there should also be a yellow or white line showing current level. Text could also turn green when regenerating.

- - - Updated - - -

And I reversed the regen limited crosshatches, they were just so unnerving the other way :tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

It has no accuracy whatsoever. There is literally no way to distinguish say 60 kW from 30 kW. You literally can't even tell when it's actually at 100 kW since there isn't even a tick there. When on a long trip I like to keep my power usage under 1/2C (~40 kW). Impossible with the new energy meter on AP cars.
It does nothing for me either.

I am imagining the real-time digits would need to only be refreshed at certain intervals.. but if this could be pulled off, I think it suits everyone's needs including safety (regen limit), energy savings (being aware of how much orange you're burning) as well as getting to see the actual figure.

- - - Updated - - -

need to only be refreshed at certain intervals
and/or show peaks.

It has no accuracy whatsoever. There is literally no way to distinguish say 60 kW from 30 kW. You literally can't even tell when it's actually at 100 kW since there isn't even a tick there. When on a long trip I like to keep my power usage under 1/2C (~40 kW). Impossible with the new energy meter on AP cars.
Would the energy meter in the middle, which is an average of how much power is being use over time be adequate for the purpose? And what if the combine power/energy graph added a digital power reading on top (orange for power and green for regen)? Aesthetically, I prefer an arc over a linear bar.

Last edited:
Would the energy meter in the middle, which is an average of how much power is being use over time be adequate for the purpose? And what if the combine power/energy graph added a digital power reading on top (orange for power and green for regen)? Aesthetically, I prefer an arc over a linear bar.

The energy graph is energy used vs distance, not energy used vs time.

If they added a numeric value for the instant power usage/regen then I could care less what the power meter/graph looked like or if it existed at all, personally. All I care about is the number. XXX kW.

energy savings (being aware of how much orange you're burning) as well as getting to see the actual figure.
I thought this is what the energy graph is supposed to convey, in an average manner.

- - - Updated - - -

The energy graph is energy used vs distance, not energy used vs time.
You are correct that the energy graph is energy used vs distance. But what is the practical difference? For me, it tells me if I am driving over or under my historical average Wh/km. But it looks like we will not get the XXX kW power/regen numeric value. :tongue:

I think the new flat look is awesome. Tesla, don't change it. :) But yea, odometer and time would be good like the euro release version.

The Jolly Rancher bar above is horrid.

I'm not referring to the flat UI as that is definitely a factor of tastes. But in the pic Andy was quoting, that power meter just looks very crude compared to what was in 6.2. I think what's in 7.0 would be pretty good if they actually gave it some tick marks to provide some context/scale.

Look at the 7 thread in the Australian forum. You get more of the info that is present in Europe. We have the same version number. Date is displayed in the icon for calendar like on the iPhone. Time and temp are a permanent display. No day is displayed. Temp has been removed from the touch screen.

What if the Tesla is traveling at the speed limit and the car that is overtaking it is exceeding the speed limit? In order for this sort of accident to occur there must be a significant delta between the two cars' speed. Unless the Tesla is moving 20 mph under the speed limit, I don't know that the overtaking car is going to have a very good case.
I was in such an accident - a complete ******* wannabe racer on a modded shitcan car was weaving in a heavy traffic. He cut me off and I hit him a little bit (not enough for airbags to deploy).

I was driving at 55-60mph in a 50mph zone. As a result, I got a warning for speeding (not even a ticket), the other guy got 7 days of jail time and a heavy fine.

Look at the 7 thread in the Australian forum. You get more of the info that is present in Europe. We have the same version number. Date is displayed in the icon for calendar like on the iPhone. Time and temp are a permanent display. No day is displayed. Temp has been removed from the touch screen.

Thanks. So in .77.7 you need to hold the wheel to initiate the lane change.

You only need to nudge the wheel, and then the lane change starts. You dont need to hold it.
How was the traffic density when you tried? Yesterday I used AP for the first time in traffic that was heavy, with little spacing, but fast moving (75 MPH). I changed lanes twice during the trip. Both times the turn signal failed to initiate the shift immediately, so I nudged the wheel and that did it. I figured the AP didn't like the relatively small space I was trying to move into, even though the cars in the other lane were going the same speed as I and the space I was trying to move into was not closing. This is similar to the behavior you are describing. But on my return trip I was in very light traffic on the same road, and the turn signal initiated lane changes as it always had with no problems.