Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh! 141 pages. Is there some place where what is known about 7.0 so is summarized? Does anyone know if 7.0 includes any features we've asked for in the past not related to auto pilot?
For example, does 7.0 allow fob pairing to profiles? How about steering wheel and seat retraction when opening the drivers door in park mode? How about making the creep mode setting profile specific so that when drivers switch they don't almost get into accidents because it's not on the setting they're used to?

Ugh! 141 pages. Is there some place where what is known about 7.0 so is summarized? Does anyone know if 7.0 includes any features we've asked for in the past not related to auto pilot?
For example, does 7.0 allow fob pairing to profiles? How about steering wheel and seat retraction when opening the drivers door in park mode? How about making the creep mode setting profile specific so that when drivers switch they don't almost get into accidents because it's not on the setting they're used to?

All of that is unknown. They're adding hill assist for all terrains and tore pressure readings

Besides stall parking, meeting you at the door, and parking in your garage, what else?

Those things might be coming later.

One would hope that the vehicle features listed on my MVPA from Tesla become available before it's time to sell my S85. I am in agreement that they need to fix the language on the website and I have contacted them with my concerns.... they didn't seem to have a problem with the AP software not being rolled out even tho the website Model S features make it sound like they are available now.

Those release notes intended for the EAP were pretty informative. None of the things you mention above were listed.

The website has been promoting unavailable capabilities for many months, Tesla doesn't seem too concerned about it. There will be people who buy a car with the promise of those features, drive it for a year, sell it, and never had had those features available. Crazy. Someone needs to introduce the marketing team to the engineering team.

And it's not clear if this is across the range, as pre AP cars have a different braking and TPMS hardware.

For braking, pre-AP cars have hill assist today. While not impossible for pre-AP cars to be left out, I doubt it when everything needed to supporting the current process is there. As for tire pressure readings, others have commented that the SvC can see individual readings in the diagnostics screens, even on the older TPMS hardware. I have no first-hand knowledge of the latter though.

For braking, pre-AP cars have hill assist today. While not impossible for pre-AP cars to be left out, I doubt it when everything needed to supporting the current process is there. As for tire pressure readings, others have commented that the SvC can see individual readings in the diagnostics screens, even on the older TPMS hardware. I have no first-hand knowledge of the latter though.

The older cars don't hold indefinitely though. I don't think the hill assist will go, but I'm not sure indefinite hold will be as easy to implement on the older hardware, or it would already do that.

The older cars don't hold indefinitely though. I don't think the hill assist will go, but I'm not sure indefinite hold will be as easy to implement on the older hardware, or it would already do that.

Huh - why is "indefinite hill hold" any different than the "2 second hill hold" we have now on "classic" cars? Holding the brake is holding the brake. Why would AP hardware or the electromechanical brakes on AP cars change that?

Huh - why is "indefinite hill hold" any different than the "2 second hill hold" we have now on "classic" cars? Holding the brake is holding the brake. Why would AP hardware or the electromechanical brakes on AP cars change that?

I figured the electromechanical brake provided better control for TACC to place dynamic levels of braking as needed, and quickly. Either system though should be able to allow for "holding" the existing level of braking or "maximizing" the brake. Even classic cars should have brake assist for panic stops, so hill hold (and even hill assist) really should just be an extension of this either holding the brake level, or maximizing it and holding that.

But then, I've been wrong before.

The hill hold on pre AP-cars uses the ABS (TC) system for something it's not really designed to do. It's a cunning way of doing things, but likely they have limitations in how long the system can maintain sufficient brake pressure.

The iBooster in the later cars was designed from the outset to be able to maintain pressure for as long as you kept your foot on the brake.