Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did some searching but didn't find anything...

Anyone else having problems with screen brightness settings? I originally had my daytime brightness set to 65% and my night time brightness set to 35% then set it to auto... and it would change brightness accordingly.

Since 6.2, it seems it just defaults to the daytime brightness even when it auto switches to night mode... its intensely bright :(
I also had this experience after the update. Seems like the previous brightness settings were lost. I switched my lights from AUTO to DAYTIME and then back to AUTO. I think this may have fixed the glitch. Did this recently, so I'm not positive that it worked.

Guess I'll try reporting it through the build in bug reporting system next time I notice it. Problem is, the days are getting so long that I'm not doing as much night mode driving.

Hate to call that a "problem"... I love our long summer days here in Seattle :)

That's exactly the behavior I see. It's not about when you're getting out, it's about when you're getting in.

Bugs the hell out of me too. I too USED TO put my foot on the brake as soon as I get in. I am now re-training myself to put the seat belt on prior to touching anything. What I MIGHT do is buy one of those set belt extension things and leave it plugged in all the time, that way I never have to hear the chime, even if I choose to not wear the belt at all.

IIRC, Elon said something about the Nav polling SpC status in real time roughly every 30 s. Do we have any idea how this information is factored in or what is done with it? Specifically, what parameters are polled and why do they need to be polled in 30 s increments. I have seen no evidence of this behavior on my car so I am quite skeptical of what Elon said.

IIRC, Elon said something about the Nav polling SpC status in real time roughly every 30 s. Do we have any idea how this information is factored in or what is done with it? Specifically, what parameters are polled and why do they need to be polled in 30 s increments. I have seen no evidence of this behavior on my car so I am quite skeptical of what Elon said.

I showed up to the San Juan SpC, had enough charge to get home, all chargers full and it still told me to charge there.

So I'm skeptical hippo

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429954064.775516.jpg

Did some searching but didn't find anything...

Anyone else having problems with screen brightness settings? I originally had my daytime brightness set to 65% and my night time brightness set to 35% then set it to auto... and it would change brightness accordingly.

Since 6.2, it seems it just defaults to the daytime brightness even when it auto switches to night mode... its intensely bright :(

yep, me too. Setting to one of the day/night and then back to Auto seems to have fixed it.

Got 6.2 (2.4.136) the night before a road trip to the West Coast. 4400 miles later, I found a few bugs -- some were probably pre-existing, some new to this release.

* After sitting in the driver seat for a while during charging, I got out to get something from the back seat. I found the back door handle to be non-functional, and it tried to retract and crush my fingers. It then changed its mind and re-extended, now active. This happened twice, so I'm claiming it wasn't just a fluke of timing.

* (not new) The charger port light color is often inconsistent. Some times white when it opens, some times dark.

* If you have a trip active and stop for charging, get out of the car and come back, the map and energy windows go into "calculating route" mode forever. You must re-select the destination for it to actually finish calculating the route.

* (seen before) Several times, the display switched to night mode when the sun was still shining brightly.

* Trip Adviser told me that 118 rated miles was sufficient to do a 117 mile leg. That's highly unlikely.

* Suggestion: the trip overview should list the mileage and estimated ETE for each leg of the trip.

* The estimated time for charging for a segment appears to ignore the current state of charge, i.e. it'll tell you that you need 30 minutes charging at the next charger whether you start the leg fully charged or with just enough energy to complete the leg.

* The radio turns on quietly when you open the door, then goes mute a few seconds later, independent of the mute state when you left.

* The computed route from Reno to Grand Junction is different depending on whether Trip Adviser is turned on or off. When it's on, the route uses US6 from Provo to Green River; turn it off, and the route takes I15 down to I70.

* My friend moved several hundred miles. I deleted her old address in my phone, then deleted her entry in my favorite places list, clicked on her new address in the contacts, and added her back to the favorites. The new favorite's description has the correct new address, but if you select it as a destination, the map point it routes to is the old deleted address. (Probable cause: both addresses were in the contact list for a while, the favorites list just points at "the first address of this contact" instead of making its own copy.) I found a way to reset the favorite correctly by manually typing in the address as a search.

* Likewise, the new "lightning bolt" search for nearby charging stations fails the new-address test. Since I had charged at her new address, this location was added to the "I've charged here" list. But when I changed her address in the contacts list, the known charger's map location changed to her old house even though the displayed address continued to display the correct new address. I have no idea how to fix this one.

* (not new) After a "Vulcan Death Grip" reboot, the car doesn't notice that it needs to re-scan the contents of the USB media drive until you decide to select a song to play. This should be done immediately at boot.

* The U/I is MUCH slower to respond. Adding a new app, setting a window full-screen, clicking on a URL in the browser -- these all take so long that I'm often convinced the screen-touch didn't register.

* Some nonsense routing decisions from Trip Adviser. Example: coming north from Harris Ranch with destination Burlingame, the suggested route is to Fremont, then drive insane East-Bay traffic and over the bridge. The correct route -- shorter, little traffic -- is Gilroy. Other example: destination is a hotel on the strip, the suggested route includes charging at the Los Vegas Supercharger followed by a 4-mile last leg to destination.

* Enhancement: Traffic changes cause silent routing changes. Suddenly a diversion to a side-street appears, but no explicit warning that a re-route has happened.

Last edited:
Got 6.2 (2.4.136) the night before a road trip to the West Coast. 4400 miles later, I found a few bugs -- some were probably pre-existing, some new to this release.

* After sitting in the driver seat for a while during charging, I got out to get something from the back seat. I found the back door handle to be non-functional, and it tried to retract and crush my fingers. It then changed its mind and re-extended, now active. This happened twice, so I'm claiming it wasn't just a fluke of timing.

* (not new) The charger port light color is often inconsistent. Some times white when it opens, some times dark.

* If you have a trip active and stop for charging, get out of the car and come back, the map and energy windows go into "calculating route" mode forever. You must re-select the destination for it to actually finish calculating the route.

* (seen before) Several times, the display switched to night mode when the sun was still shining brightly.

* Trip Adviser told me that 118 rated miles was sufficient to do a 117 mile leg. That's highly unlikely.

* Suggestion: the trip overview should list the mileage and estimated ETE for each leg of the trip.

* The estimated time for charging for a segment appears to ignore the current state of charge, i.e. it'll tell you that you need 30 minutes charging at the next charger whether you start the leg fully charged or with just enough energy to complete the leg.

* The radio turns on quietly when you open the door, then goes mute a few seconds later, independent of the mute state when you left.

* The computed route from Reno to Grand Junction is different depending on whether Trip Adviser is turned on or off. When it's on, the route uses US6 from Provo to Green River; turn it off, and the route takes I15 down to I70.

* My friend moved several hundred miles. I deleted her old address in my phone, then deleted her entry in my favorite places list, clicked on her new address in the contacts, and added her back to the favorites. The new favorite's description has the correct new address, but if you select it as a destination, the map point it routes to is the old deleted address. (Probable cause: both addresses were in the contact list for a while, the favorites list just points at "the first address of this contact" instead of making its own copy.) I found a way to reset the favorite correctly by manually typing in the address as a search.

* Likewise, the new "lightning bolt" search for nearby charging stations fails the new-address test. Since I had charged at her new address, this location was added to the "I've charged here" list. But when I changed her address in the contacts list, the known charger's map location changed to her old house even though the displayed address continued to display the correct new address. I have no idea how to fix this one.

* (not new) After a "Vulcan Death Grip" reboot, the car doesn't notice that it needs to re-scan the contents of the USB media drive until you decide to select a song to play. This should be done immediately at boot.

* The U/I is MUCH slower to respond. Adding a new app, setting a window full-screen, clicking on a URL in the browser -- these all take so long that I'm often convinced the screen-touch didn't register.

* Some nonsense routing decisions from Trip Adviser. Example: coming north from Harris Ranch with destination Burlingame, the suggested route is to Fremont, then drive insane East-Bay traffic and over the bridge. The correct route -- shorter, little traffic -- is Gilroy. Other example: destination is a hotel on the strip, the suggested route includes charging at the Los Vegas Supercharger followed by a 4-mile last leg to destination.

* Enhancement: Traffic changes cause silent routing changes. Suddenly a diversion to a side-street appears, but no explicit warning that a re-route has happened.

You should, if you haven't already, report these finding to Tesla HQ so that their QA team can address and fix known bugs in their next minor release.

Another software update 4/25

Anyone else get notified of a software update on their app. Got one yesterday afternoon but my car has been at the SC since Friday so I don't know what the update contains or if it automatically updated while sitting at SC overnight. Will find out when I pick it up Monday.