Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got .249 at the service center as well.
In the meantime, as always when I get firmware in the service center, the mirror settings for reverse were lost and I had to re-program those.

I got 245 at the SC last week and my mirror settings were lost.

I now have some insight into this.

When I had my Next Gen seats installed at my house a few weeks ago, the tech was also going to stage the then current firmware update. I figured I'd be getting it any day anyway, and was in no rush, and wasn't keen on losing my mirror settings, so I mentioned that, and said it was fine with me if he wanted to skip the firmware update. He assured me that the only reason people lose mirror settings when updating at the service centers is because whomever is performing the update is rushing, and not taking the time to make sure the settings are set to be copied over. He said I had nothing to worry about, and that he would make sure that he set things correctly, and that I would not lose my mirror settings. And as it turned out, I did not.

This would explain why some people always lose their mirror settings when firmware updates are performed at the service center, and others say they never do. (Different, but consistent service techs.)

For those of you who have been losing your mirror settings, try explicitly asking the tech who is going to perform the firmware update about it, and see if they can be maintained.

That seems odd. So there is a special flag that must be set in order to preserve user settings? What about driver profiles, visited chargers, Homelink, etc. Aren't those all stored in the same setting directory?

I don't know all the specifics, but I think there may be multiple flags. Perhaps most of the settings are saved by default, but the mirror settings require that something additional be done. For all I know, perhaps there are a bunch of boxes that need to be checked, and the mirror settings are the one check box that requires moving to page two or something. I don't know the specifics--just that my tech said he could do it, and he did.

Hi guys. I am on 6.2 2.4 234 P85+ with autopilot hardware. Recent updates have included bug fixes for traffic overlay in Google Maps and the addition of Destination Charger locations. That is the most recent that I know of.

We should be getting 7.0 soon. That will be yet more major stuff. Perhaps enhanced cruise control? Speed up to pass vehicles with a blinker touch, etc. Other enhanced AutoPilot features.

I was updated to build 2.4.245 a couple of days ago. The car was back with Tesla for minor repair work at the time so not sure whether it was an update they forced or if I would have had it anyway.

It was interesting though because the car they loaned me (P85+ RHD) was also on build 245 but flashed up that a software update was required.

I was updated to build 2.4.245 a couple of days ago. The car was back with Tesla for minor repair work at the time so not sure whether it was an update they forced or if I would have had it anyway. It was interesting though because the car they loaned me (P85+ RHD) was also on build 245 but flashed up that a software update was required.
Yesterday I received .249 ...updated in tracker

Hi guys. I am on 6.2 2.4 234 P85+ with autopilot hardware. Recent updates have included bug fixes for traffic overlay in Google Maps and the addition of Destination Charger locations. That is the most recent that I know of.

We should be getting 7.0 soon. That will be yet more major stuff. Perhaps enhanced cruise control? Speed up to pass vehicles with a blinker touch, etc. Other enhanced AutoPilot features.

I'm on .338 for several weeks now. It has the speed up to pass on cruise, but may have had that from an earlier update. Waiting for a new one as I notice I'm two versions behind now.

I really wish the non-autopilot cars would display the current speed limit. I'm not sure why my Jeep Wrangler offered speed limits via the GPS, but the Model S appears to be missing this rather handy feature. Let's put speed limits via GPS in 7.0, please...

I really wish the non-autopilot cars would display the current speed limit. I'm not sure why my Jeep Wrangler offered speed limits via the GPS, but the Model S appears to be missing this rather handy feature. Let's put speed limits via GPS in 7.0, please...

I'm of two minds on this. I like the idea, but worry that without the camera to verify via road signs, the first guy to get a speeding ticket because the GPS data is wrong will be all over Tesla because of it!

My TomTom has the feature and I really like it when I'm travelling in a rental car, but there are times when the data in the GPS does not match the roadside signs.

My car went into the Service Center with .239 and while my "Repair Order" says .249 was installed, the display says I have .239 still and the clock has an update waiting to apply. Well, guess I get to watch the car go through its thing tonight. At least now I don't have to worry if my mirrors will retain their reverse positions! :)