Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mknox, I have been having the same notification problem.

I have a personal iPhone 4 and a business iPhone 5S. Both of these phones would receive the notifications reliably up until they both just stopped. This included at a Supercharger where I received no notifications either. Then yesterday, and again today I started receiving the "Charge Complete" notification on both phones again. Weird.

That's a P85D thing - they had to reorganize the screens to make more room for more buttons (e.g. Insane Mode, Slip Start).

Some people with non-D cars have reported getting the extra tab when doing a minor V6 update. Oddly I believe I now have the latest and my tabs did not change.

My car just finished updating. Still 6.0 but now (2.0.81) as flow said. My car now says a range of 227 miles at 90% charge vs 217 miles before the update. So hopefully that means the car is more efficient now. Either that or they just randomly added 10 miles of range, whether or not that actually holds true will have to wait. I will go on a planned route that I know is efficient later today and compare the Wh/mi to prior trips. Elon did say the other day that they were going to update the car to allow the "second motor" to turn off in situations when not needed. Whether that is in this update or not I will test later. I know it did not change the acceleration options in the settings. It still says sport and insane. Originally Elon said that there was going to be three options normal, sport, and insane.

I suspect Tesla just temporarily gave us access to more of the reserve battery capacity while they validate the "normal" mode software. Then that release will take back the reserve but range will more or less stay the same due to the increased efficiency.

What is the second motor doing when it's not in use? I don't see why it would be pulling power. It's not like a processor with Intel Speedstep.
Most likely it's running as full-time 4WD, somewhat evenly distributing load front and rear.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't it need some power to prevent the magnets from functioning as a brake?

No. If you completely shut down the 3phase power, the motor would be a freewheel as there are no 'permanent magnets', only an electromagnetic coil.

How long did it take? I checked after 70 Minutes and it still said "update in progress" If its hung that way what do you do to reboot? Just hold down both steering wheel controls?

My car just finished installing this update an hour ago -- P85D.

Version screen shows: v6.0 (2.0.81)

Release notes did not seem to be updated w/ any new features or notes, at least from what I saw.