Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8.6/7/8/9/10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far no big differences in v 5.8.8, with one exception. This morning was the first morning in several weeks that I did not have the pop up window asking if I wanted to connect to wi-fi. None of the suggested fixes had previously worked. Hopefully this "bug" has been smashed.

OK, I am looking forward to seeing that fix. That window is annoying. (I don't have WiFi.)

Wouldn't it be worth it to buy a cheap (say $30) Wifi router to make it quit bugging you? It doesn't need to have internet access or anything, just a network it can sign into and be happy.

I have a router and have signal. It just keeps asking me to connect. Unfortunately, after being gone for a few days after I loaded the update, it has started appearing again.

I like seeing that the update is happening. It wasn't clear to me that it's rolling out. Seeing the reports helps.

How about we create a separate thread for firmware release updates, where everyone can post that they got it / didn't get it, service center installed it, are deliberately not installing it, etc.... and then keep the sticky posts for hard information about the contents of the updates?

I can see how some people might want to share their update experiences, but personally I hate wading through pages of posts just to find the good discussion about what's actually in the firmware.

How about we create a separate thread for firmware release updates, where everyone can post that they got it / didn't get it, service center installed it, are deliberately not installing it, etc.... and then keep the sticky posts for hard information about the contents of the updates?

I can see how some people might want to share their update experiences, but personally I hate wading through pages of posts just to find the good discussion about what's actually in the firmware.

Fabulous idea Dave! Mods, if you are listening, you would then need to divide new release posts into "Firmware 5.8.X Feature Discussion (Sticky)" and "Firmware 5.8.X Receipt Log"… or something like that. Mods would occasionally need to sweep stuff from one to the other until the herd of cats gets used to it.

Best idea ever! Thx!

Had a funny glitch today; hopped in the car and drove off, and the fan went to full blast and blew cold air at me. Looked down and temperatures were on LO. They had been at 18.5C when I parked.

I recall this also happened a few weeks ago, on an earlier firmware release.

Had a funny glitch today; hopped in the car and drove off, and the fan went to full blast and blew cold air at me. Looked down and temperatures were on LO. They had been at 18.5C when I parked.

I recall this also happened a few weeks ago, on an earlier firmware release.

Doug, sometimes if there's a speck of something on my iPad, it causes touch events to be generated. My theory is that you have some goo on your screen over the defrost button, and it's causing the screen to press. (Worth exploring at least?) Or maybe the screen bezel itself is triggering a touch event? I remember someone about a year or more ago who had a similar issue.

I wonder if you try cleaning your screen if it would help.

Fabulous idea Dave! Mods, if you are listening, ...
While we're asking the mods for stuff...

Is there a way to create a poll that is only a poll (no commentary replies allowed)? If the answer is yes, then we should just drop add a poll thread for each major firmware release (and maybe some minor ones). Bonus points for recording the date and time with each poll entry automatically.