Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. PLEASE get me off 5.12.
At least with the Android App update I can connect to my car again. With the old one that reliably did NOT work the moment the car went to sleep.
I still have central screen issues, random Slacker failures, Nav hanging, etc...

Every day. Not to mention my back up camera not working when the home link dialog comes up (which is whenever i pull out of my garage, maybe the only time I really need the backup camera)

The worst was a couple of days ago when I took someone for a test drive. It wouldn't start until I got out and back in the car, much to my embarrassment. That started a 5 minute conversation around the downside of everything moving to software.

I simply can't believe that Tesla would release something as bad as 5.12. Others in this thread are expressing excitement about Tesla rolling out beta features, but I have to be honest.. This is my car. It needs to work.

Every day. Not to mention my back up camera not working when the home link dialog comes up (which is whenever i pull out of my garage, maybe the only time I really need the backup camera)

The worst was a couple of days ago when I took someone for a test drive. It wouldn't start until I got out and back in the car, much to my embarrassment. That started a 5 minute conversation around the downside of everything moving to software.

I simply can't believe that Tesla would release something as bad as 5.12. Others in this thread are expressing excitement about Tesla rolling out beta features, but I have to be honest.. This is my car. It needs to work.

I've had none of those issues with 5.12. Maybe something is actually wrong with your hardware (bad ram module, etc).

It might be worth having Tesla check the logs for errors.