Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Firmware 5.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the version number?

It's now 4.5(133.61) sorry, but I'm not sure what it was before, but car was picked up new at the end of last month and still has the temp tag on the back.

As far as I can tell nothing has changed except that the little alarm clock to schedule a download showed up for the first time and is now gone. about a week ago I had to do the thumb wheel reset three times in one day because the middle screen would freeze, other than that I can't think of any reason for that download...

Last edited:
It's now 4.5(133.61) sorry, but I'm not sure what it was before, but car was picked up new at the end of last month and still has the temp tag on the back.

As far as I can tell nothing has changed except that the little alarm clock to schedule a download showed up for the first time and is now gone. about a week ago I had to do the thumb wheel reset three times in one day because the middle screen would freeze, other than that I can't think of any reason for that download...

Software people may have seen a 'bug' causing your freeze and sent you a fix.

To: [email protected] -
  1. When you pause a song on slacker and then let the vehicle go to sleep, does the vehicle resume with the same station, song, and pause location?
  2. When you log into TMC and then let the vehicle go to sleep, does the vehicle resume with the TMC session still active or does a refresh of the page trigger a re-login experience?

I've seen it forget the current slacker song and immediately play the next one, and I've seen it resume the old one. But it does resume, and with the correct station.
Haven't tried that yet. I almost never use the browser :)

I've seen it forget the current slacker song and immediately play the next one, and I've seen it resume the old one. But it does resume, and with the correct station.
Haven't tried that yet. I almost never use the browser :)

I've seen it wake up, resume the song that was playing -- and then play the station as if you searched it again. This results, if you have taken very short trips, in playing the same song over again.

...AND... another question for those of you with 5.0 - has 3G connectivity gotten worse? It's not a local tower issue, because it's happening almost everywhere within 50 miles of me, areas that used to be really good have suddenly started losing map tiles and skipping in songs.

I've seen it wake up, resume the song that was playing -- and then play the station as if you searched it again. This results, if you have taken very short trips, in playing the same song over again.

...AND... another question for those of you with 5.0 - has 3G connectivity gotten worse? It's not a local tower issue, because it's happening almost everywhere within 50 miles of me, areas that used to be really good have suddenly started losing map tiles and skipping in songs.

Flasher.....New cars have 5.0 and those folks do not have a frame of reference to answer your question since they never had the 'old 4.5' version 3G. And, I believe beta testers are only suppose to discuss their opinions/findings with TM software people so you may not get an answer to this part of your post unless you know other beta testers and PM them.

Flasher.....New cars have 5.0 and those folks do not have a frame of reference to answer your question since they never had the 'old 4.5' version 3G. And, I believe beta testers are only suppose to discuss their opinions/findings with TM software people so you may not get an answer to this part of your post unless you know other beta testers and PM them.

*nods*

I don't really care how they got 5.0. Some people have sold off their old Model S and gotten a new P85+'s, etc. If there is a beta testing program or there are any beta testers, though, PM me if you don't want to post in this thread.

*nods*

I don't really care how they got 5.0. Some people have sold off their old Model S and gotten a new P85+'s, etc. If there is a beta testing program or there are any beta testers, though, PM me if you don't want to post in this thread.

Sorry if I offended somehow. Just saying that they will be very few people who may be able to answer your question. Again, no offense intended.

*nods*

I fit that catagory, my 2nd model S and have 5.0. I can't say that there is a Huge difference with 5.0, but I do notice a little latency, almost like the signal is "throttled" slightly. With a strong 3G signal, I get the spinning donut between songs at times, but just for a few seconds. I never got that before unless the signal was very weak.

- - - Updated - - -

I tested the WiFi connection this am on our anemic DSL at my home.

Car:

2.64 mps down
.58 up

Laptop:

3.2 down
.64 up

To: [email protected] -
  1. When you pause a song on slacker and then let the vehicle go to sleep, does the vehicle resume with the same station, song, and pause location?
  2. When you log into TMC and then let the vehicle go to sleep, does the vehicle resume with the TMC session still active or does a refresh of the page trigger a re-login experience?

Not that I knew if it worked before, but it's remembering my session ...

Not that I knew if it worked before, but it's remembering my session ...

I noticed a change not in 5.0, but I did with a loaner loaded with 4.5 lately. The loaner I got remembered my Yahoo login throughout the 2 weeks I had it. My Sig never did, always lost it the next time I went in. I haven't checked lately though.