Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That too would be amazing (I have 2 Nests at home) but would require quite a bit more coding..... Id be happy just to have set times, even though I leave each morning at different times - but all within an hour....

Aaron

Yeah, there's nothing like a bit of scope creep :) I agree, just setting mine to sleep between midnight and 7am (geofenced to my home location) would hardly ever cause me any inconvenience.

That too would be amazing (I have 2 Nests at home) but would require quite a bit more coding..... Id be happy just to have set times, even though I leave each morning at different times - but all within an hour....
Aaron
Just write yourself a REST app or script that turns on the climate control at your predicted leave time and schedule it to run 1 minute before that time.

Or do like Hans and tie it to your phone disconnect.

Or replace your alarm clock with one that runs on a desktop or laptop, and "retrofit" the alarm clock app to run the climate control script for you.

I guess what I'm getting at is that this can be solved by the more "software adventurous" owners, without any additional assistance from Tesla.

Or am I not understanding the feature request?

I got my haircut today ... came back 40 minutes later and the instrument cluster had to boot up. Whether there's any deeper sleep than that, I don't know. My iPhone app always connects just as fast as it used to.

Inside story short, my car was not properly sleeping. After they got it to sleep, my phone did the "Connecting ..." thing so it wasn't an immediate connect. I'll re-form my opinions after a couple days and post back :)

Inside story short, my car was not properly sleeping. After they got it to sleep, my phone did the "Connecting ..." thing so it wasn't an immediate connect. I'll re-form my opinions after a couple days and post back :)

Thanks. Yes. I am wondering at what point a nap (turned off recently, connects to app quickly) becomes a full sleep (app says 'connecting' and then countdown to 45 second connect begins)...Will be interesting to see feedback.

Just write yourself a REST app or script that turns on the climate control at your predicted leave time and schedule it to run 1 minute before that time.

Or replace your alarm clock with one that runs on a desktop or laptop, and "retrofit" the alarm clock app to run the climate control script for you.

I guess what I'm getting at is that this can be solved by the more "software adventurous" owners, without any additional assistance from Tesla.

Hey. I'll remember to not request any software features any more, since I can always just write the code myself!

Hmm, it takes about 1 minute for me to turn on my ADT alarm, lock house door, and get to my Model S in garage. I guess I ought to read up on my ADT Pulse APIs, and write a script that wakes up my car when I set my house alarm. I could probably link in the APIs to wunderground.com and have it turn on appropriate climate control if outdoor temp is outside of 60 to 70 range.

OR, I could just read an interesting news article on my iphone for 60 seconds while car wakes up.

Last night was the first night with some range loss. 2 miles loss overnight. I took the the night picture at 10:52pm, though I was at 208 when I parked at 6pm. So, I lost 2 miles in an 11-hour time frame.
night.JPG
Morning.JPG

Had a ranger out for a few items. I asked about getting 5.0 loaded and he said that deployment has been put on hold due to some issues.

Shocker! What's the over/under on mini releases before a stable one is reached? I'm setting it at 8.

Don't get me wrong, I love the updates and the fact that the car keeps getting better. By clearly, it takes a few iterations for them to get each one right...

Shocker! What's the over/under on mini releases before a stable one is reached? I'm setting it at 8.

Don't get me wrong, I love the updates and the fact that the car keeps getting better. By clearly, it takes a few iterations for them to get each one right...

But this is the whole reason they have 'beta testers'. They would rather get feedback, good and bad, from say 100 people, to try to get it right before dispersing it to 20K people and field all their feedback.

But this is the whole reason they have 'beta testers'. They would rather get feedback, good and bad, from say 100 people, to try to get it right before dispersing it to 20K people and field all their feedback.

Yup, this is how software works. Especially on devices that make it difficult to test on a large population internally for expense/time/environmental variation reasons (e.g. cars).

So explain to me how you got 11 hrs?

Last night was the first night with some range loss. 2 miles loss overnight. I took the the night picture at 10:52pm, though I was at 208 when I parked at 6pm. So, I lost 2 miles in an 11-hour time frame.

Hmmm, 6 PM to 7:16 AM. Now let me do the math, 6 pm to midnight = 6 hr.
Midnight to 7 am = 7 hr

7+6 = 13 hrs.

So explain to me how you got 11 hrs? You must have been excited and tired when you posted. :)

Last edited:
Hmmm, 6 PM to 7:16 AM. Now let me do the math, 6 pm to midnight = 6 hr.
Midnight to 7 am = 7 hr

7+6 = 13 hrs.

So explain to me how you got 11 hrs? You must have been excited and tired when you posted. :)

Oh crap. It seems every time I post on these forums I put my foot in my mouth. Yes, very little sleep last night.
You are right, 2 miles loss after 13 hours or so. I have to say that this is pretty impressive. My cell phone drains 2% even if completely turned off (not in standby).

What I am interested in, is how much loss there would be in cold weather, say 20º or less. I hope to drive to the mountains this winter and where I am going it will be street parking and the only public charging option is an RV campground about 5 miles away.

On another note, I have not run into any glitches with 5.0 myself.