Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just talked to someone at DCU about this today and did qualify for 0.99. Their rule is that the car has to get 35+ mpg as listed on an official source such as fueleconomy.gov. He looked it up but it took a bit of coaxing and guidance to get him there because the EVs are listed separately. Here is the direct link to the Model S listing in case you want to email it to your loan advisor.

Compare Side-by-Side

I "chatted" with a rep at DCU. You apply online, then they make the change to 0.99% manually after having reviewed the application and confirmed that it is for an EV.

@LoL Rick

thanks for the link. I am going to show my wife how much money we will actually be "saving" over the MB and even the Honda Odyssey in gas :)

I just finalized a P85 loan... Financed $92,000 at 1.49% through DCU.org for 65 mos. No prepayment penalty. Whole process was very fast and efficient. I highly recommend. Could've gotten 0.99% if I directly deposited my entire paycheck with them but I'm using other banks for that so I coughed up the other 0.5%. It was worth it for me not to do the hassle of changing all of my other accounts.

I finalized with DCU @ 0.99%. They did not question the Tesla as qualifying for the reduced rate. You have 90 days to set up a checking acct with direct deposit. Other threads have discussed that while they tell you that you must direct deposit your entire net paycheck, in fact the minimum is $500 and they really have no way of knowing or enforcing that. I plan to split my direct deposit between my current bank and DCU, enough to cover my payment plus X more to payoff the loan in about 18 mos rather than the 48 I took the loan for. Although, at 0.99% I'm not sure it's such a big deal to pay off the loan faster, I should invest my money elsewhere. I just like being debt-free.

I finalized with DCU @ 0.99%. They did not question the Tesla as qualifying for the reduced rate. You have 90 days to set up a checking acct with direct deposit. Other threads have discussed that while they tell you that you must direct deposit your entire net paycheck, in fact the minimum is $500 and they really have no way of knowing or enforcing that. I plan to split my direct deposit between my current bank and DCU, enough to cover my payment plus X more to payoff the loan in about 18 mos rather than the 48 I took the loan for. Although, at 0.99% I'm not sure it's such a big deal to pay off the loan faster, I should invest my money elsewhere. I just like being debt-free.

Yup! same, 0.99% @ 65 months.
I put in $500 and I'll just pay my loan from there directly!

Don't bother paying it off early. Just drag it out the entire length...

They require a direct deposit but they have no way to determine if it's all your check or not. I have my employer deposit half the payment every two weeks. This meets the rate discount criteria and means I never have to think about making the payment. I love automation...