Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally drove a Model Y…it was incredible!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR here. I drive fairly fast on the interstate, ie mostly left lane very few passing me but not much faster than the flow. I see a lot more Tesla’s of all types these days but not many going particularly fast. Get it out of your system and you find chill mode to be plenty.
AFAIK, Chill mode and speed have nothing to do with each other. Chill refers to acceleration, not speed.

This exactly! I’m doing an overnight demo of a MYP on Tuesday, I’m curious to see how the suspension feels. I was also shocked that Tesla even offered such a thing. They actually called me to offer it!
The suspension is better now on 2023 vs 2020s MYP.

I had VIN000867 2020 MYP.
20210807_153800_resized.jpg

Below is my 2023 MYP with blacked-out Geminis.

Screenshot_20230623_153744_Gallery.jpg

I had been a long time tesla follower and eventually fanboy. I avoided riding/test driving a tesla for the longest time until I was absolutely ready to buy because I knew it would drive me crazy having experienced it and not being able to own one. I missed my chance with the m3 as my reservation hadn't been called yet and I needed a car ASAP so I gave up my preorder. Last year I was ready to buy again, I did an extended test drive. Prices were at the peak and tax incentives were gone. I decided to wait a few months in hopes the tax incentive would be back. Come Jan '23 prices dropped and the tax incentive returned and I was ready so I placed my order. We did go back n forth a bit on 5 vs 7 seater and eventually settled on 5. I think the LR5 is plenty fast for us. We didn't even think about testing the MYP.

We're a month into ownership. Its been really good so far, once in awhile I'll steal the car and take it to work before my wife gets up and then I'll get an angry text. We'll see how it does this winter but I think we'll eventually get another EV so we're both daily driving EVs. Hope you're able to get yourself into one.

I had been a long time tesla follower and eventually fanboy. I avoided riding/test driving a tesla for the longest time until I was absolutely ready to buy because I knew it would drive me crazy having experienced it and not being able to own one. I missed my chance with the m3 as my reservation hadn't been called yet and I needed a car ASAP so I gave up my preorder. Last year I was ready to buy again, I did an extended test drive. Prices were at the peak and tax incentives were gone. I decided to wait a few months in hopes the tax incentive would be back. Come Jan '23 prices dropped and the tax incentive returned and I was ready so I placed my order. We did go back n forth a bit on 5 vs 7 seater and eventually settled on 5. I think the LR5 is plenty fast for us. We didn't even think about testing the MYP.

We're a month into ownership. Its been really good so far, once in awhile I'll steal the car and take it to work before my wife gets up and then I'll get an angry text. We'll see how it does this winter but I think we'll eventually get another EV so we're both daily driving EVs. Hope you're able to get yourself into one.

It took me only 4 months to get another one after I purchased M3P for the Wife

Reactions: CuriousWren