Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feature Request - Phone BT Interface - 15sec forward/backward skip buttons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to have a 15sec forward/backward skip button, which is very useful when I am listening to podcasts using the phone. These buttons could be added in addition to the next and previous buttons on the interface.

I am having to use the phone screen interface to use the 15sec fwd/bwd. I wish if Tesla could include this an option for the screen interface.

I guess Tesla is never going to adopt Carplay, they could at least include myriad of options to make the interface easier.

The Skip Back and Skip Forward buttons have the effect of a 15-second rewind and fast forward when listening to podcasts. I don't know whether that's the case when listening to songs, but for podcasts, that's what they do for me.

It's conceivable that the effect of the forward/back buttons (on the center console and using the left scroll wheel on the steering wheel) differs depending on the app used on the phone. I use Podcast Addict on Android, and the buttons implement a skip forward or back. I'm not 100% positive, but I think it's 30 seconds forward and 15 seconds back. I vaguely recall seeing an option to adjust the amount of time skipped somewhere in the Podcast Addict user interface, but I haven't verified it for this response, so I can't promise I'm remembering correctly.

It's conceivable that the effect of the forward/back buttons (on the center console and using the left scroll wheel on the steering wheel) differs depending on the app used on the phone.

I could believe that, and to be honest, I'm not sure of the exact time it rewinds/fast forwards, just that it doesn't actually skip to the previous/next episode as the buttons would have you believe.

I am using Google Podcasts and Google Play Music to listen to podcasts, and I'm pretty sure the behavior is the same on both (it definitely is using Google Podcasts).