Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Insurance interface and documents only accessible through the app... among many other features that are app exclusive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as I can tell, Tesla only allows access to their insurance interface through the app. This includes all coverage interface or details whatsoever. If I want to access my coverage documents, adjust payment info, make a claim, add a vehicle, get a hold of support, or whatever else, I have to use the phone app. Is this true or am I missing something?

Also, if true, this can be added to my list of annoyances for Tesla features that should be accessible via web browser, but they have made exclusively accessible via iPhone or Android app. What's with that? I know I am in the minority here for access devices, but we still quite often exist, and I personally can navigate a desktop with a keyboard about 5x faster and easier than a 5-inch screen with 1-inch thumbs. I therefore streamline 90% of my workflow via desktop and the Tesla app data limitations sticks that splinter into my workflow.

Edit: To make matters worse, Tesla makes their PDF coverage document read only. So I can't even save the document and print it from another device, I have to print it from the phone app. This is a totally frivolous and irritating limitation; why on earth would they make it read only and only accessible in the app???

Last edited:
Reactions: MXing