Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Extraordinarily Expensive Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife side swiped a dumpster and we were amazed at the negotiated repair costs, see attached picture of damage. I spoke to State Farm claims and they told me to take the car to the nearest tesla authorized repair shop for an estimate. A person looked at my car and said that his estimate was $8,000. He said that we will take your credit card and it is up to you to negotiate payment with your insurance company. I declined and called State Farm Claims. State Farm claims then did an estimate over the phone from the picture below that my wife sent to them. SF estimate was $3,000. They sent me back to the same repair shop who agreed to give State Farm a detailed assessment. Their initial detailed estimate as > $18,000! SF spoke with them and got the cost down to $14,979. I attached a redacted final estimate. The repair shop explained each item. Aside from repair of some very minor front door nearly invisible scratch, they explained each charge. Repairing the door and quarter panel required them to do some spot welding, which required them to disconnect the traction battery and that was very costly. I am astounded. Any comments?
2nd M3 accident.jpg

Attachments

• 240425 47-61D2-96G01 Final estimate_Redacted.pdf
    35.3 KB · Views: 24