Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Warranty and Suspension Parts..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I purchased the extended warranty on my model X. I'm glad I did, because I had to have an entirely new powertrain installed at around 60k miles. But that's a different story..

Does anyone know if suspension parts *are* supposed to be covered? I'm being charged around $2000 to replace the front upper control arms, the front aft link assembly and the fore link assembly on both wheels.

I see in the agreement, an exclusion is "suspension alignment", but I do not see any mention of suspension parts specifically:

Maintenance/Parts, including but not limited to the following:

o Parts and normal or expendable maintenance items and procedures such as annual service and diagnostics checks, brake pads/linings, brake rotor, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, hoses, air conditioning lines, hoses or connections, Battery testing, fluid changes, appearance care (such as cleaning and polishing), filters and wiper blades/inserts; and

o Other maintenance services and parts described in Tesla’s maintenance schedule for the covered Vehicle;

I guess it may fall under "Other maintenance services and parts described in Tesla’s maintenance schedule", but I was wondering if anyone else had any knowledge of this?