Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with trading in current vehicle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's also odd about my trade is that a few weeks later, the guy who bought my old car called me on the phone. I had left information on my extended warranty in the glove box since there was still some time left on it and it was transferrable. He was a nice guy and had bought the car at a Cadillac dealer used. All he wanted was for me to sign over the warranty forms, which I was happy to do. Normally, a dealer will take care of all of this when you trade a car in so that the original owner remains anonymous. We had a nice chat, and I was happy to hear that the WeatherTech mats and spare air filter I left in the trunk had made it to him. We talked about the Tesla for a bit, then parted ways.

So I'd highly recommend if you have a car worth $50k or more, you have Tesla use a 3rd party to evaluate your vehicle. I got word this morning that by doing so, I was able to net another $2k based on their earlier assessment. Deal is done and vehicle will be traded in come Wednesday. Best of luck to all of you and hopefully my experience helps others. :)