Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expected cost for wall charger permit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I 100% agree with your response. This was something I heard/read online, I need to find the source. Perhaps that information is incorrect? Since my conduit run involved around 125ft, had to be placed on wooden studs as a part of the building code, combining low voltage circuits to make room to add a 60A breaker, all while my solar panels are pending their own inspection approval the City was not something that I wanted to tackle on my own. I attached part of the contract that shows both permit fees. I had to photoshop some information out to protect both parties.
Glad you mentioned tackling projects on your own … don’t want anyone to misunderstand my post and think they should just watch some YouTube videos and have at a complex project 😛…..Completely agree with you, if someone does not feel comfortable or does not have the time etc to complete a project of this type should certainly hire a tradesperson / professional

didn't want to go down this route for one reason - should I ever sell my house, the permit does not stay with the house.
This is nonsense. The permit is for the work done to the house. It has nothing at all to do with who “pulls” it. The electrician charged you an extra $300 for his own time, not any additional assurance or transferability.

Reactions: Hank42