Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVmote App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As thing, grow, the less time you get to work on the fun part and to just make sure it scale. I got similar problem. And too low number of people willing to pay with market limited and under the full control of Tesla to shut the remote access down to us anytime they wish... Hard to justify the time and create a business models.

Yes, thanks for putting this up, it was good while it lasted, and I really liked the changes in the beta version. It just goes to show people (and Tesla) just what's possible with the treasure trove of information they have available. Now if they would only make it officially supported, that would be great.

I've thought a lot about this in the last few weeks. Most of my projects are open source, so I'm a strong advocate of the concept. For EvMote specifically, I'm considering leaving the majority of it private. I'd like to believe that I will find time to revive the project in the future, and perhaps the Model 3 will make the business model more realistic.

That said, I want to help folks as much as possible to expand the ecosystem. If there are parts of the code that you think would be especially valuable, I'm happy to publish those portions.

Here's an overview of the tech stack:
1) TeslaMS open source library for basic communication with the Tesla API
2) A Web component that serves the website you all use. This is Node-React, with a backend service.
3) A backend service in Node that tracks all of the cars GPS coordinates and writes them to the database.
4) A Mongo Replica set (2x nodes and 1x arbiter) that stores user data and GPS coordinates.
5) Graylog2 and AppDynamics for monitoring
6) An automated push-to-deploy system comprised of git, Github, Shippable, Docker, AWS elastic container service, AWS elastic beanstalk, and AWS ec2. This allows me to push code. It gets tested, built, and pushed via Docker to beanstalk.

Other stuff I'm not thinking of :)

Thanks,
Ryan

I've thought a lot about this in the last few weeks. Most of my projects are open source, so I'm a strong advocate of the concept. For EvMote specifically, I'm considering leaving the majority of it private. I'd like to believe that I will find time to revive the project in the future, and perhaps the Model 3 will make the business model more realistic.

That said, I want to help folks as much as possible to expand the ecosystem. If there are parts of the code that you think would be especially valuable, I'm happy to publish those portions.

Here's an overview of the tech stack:
1) TeslaMS open source library for basic communication with the Tesla API
2) A Web component that serves the website you all use. This is Node-React, with a backend service.
3) A backend service in Node that tracks all of the cars GPS coordinates and writes them to the database.
4) A Mongo Replica set (2x nodes and 1x arbiter) that stores user data and GPS coordinates.
5) Graylog2 and AppDynamics for monitoring
6) An automated push-to-deploy system comprised of git, Github, Shippable, Docker, AWS elastic container service, AWS elastic beanstalk, and AWS ec2. This allows me to push code. It gets tested, built, and pushed via Docker to beanstalk.

Other stuff I'm not thinking of :)

Thanks,
Ryan

(I realize this thread is 3 years dead- but hope this is a nice blast from the past)

As a new Model 3 driver- I would love to see this come back.

Reactions: Akikiki
Check out tezlabapp.com

Not sure if it does everything you want, but it is a web interface to collected stats on your car along with a phone app that provides control

I have been using it since I got my TM3 in March 2018, and it is a very stable app that is smart about how it accesses my car, it is almost impossible to measure the additional amount of power used by the app, very nice.