Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Garage/Shop Ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to start a shop dedicated to working on EVs. This is something I have had on the back burner for a while. This would probably be helping people with smaller issues at first and larger things as I obtain certifications for those and access to the tools to fix them. If I am honest with myself, most of my desire is to have the space and tools available to work on my own stuff, but as we all know, that will not pay the bills. I am very familiar with the electronics side of this stuff, and I have naivety with the mechanical side, however I do have conversion in progress that should be quite the learning experience. (Hyper9HV going into a '05 Ford Escape with a 5 speed.)

I am mostly starting this thread as I did not see anything similar in my brief search here. I also believe sure there are others with the same desire and are at different stages in their business, and I just hope everyone is willing to share their experiences or their own concepts of what an "EV shop" is.