Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(Europe) 3 phase charging blows fuse; 1 phase charging still works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wooter

Nou ik heb niet te klagen over Tesla support
May 3, 2017
Belgium
Referral Code
My 2017 Model X was doing fine up until Tuesday, when I pulled up to a 3 phase public charger, connected my Type 2 cable to it and waved my charge card in front of the RFID reader. Suddenly I heard a bang and the charger was offline.

At home I connected my car to my Tesla Wall Charger, and the same happened. I plugged my car in, the TWC negotiated with my car and when I heard the click of the contractors starting to charge, my fuse blew and power went out. I disconnected, ran inside, turned all fuses back on and went back to the garage, to again have all fuses blow when my charger tried to start charging.

I then tried with my 1 phase Tesla Mobile Charger without any issue. I also plugged in my Tesla Model 3 to my 3 phase TWC, and it charged without a problem.

I've made an appointment with Tesla for a service, confirmed that DC fast charging still works, and have disconnected L3 to my TWC, and my car charges now at 1 phase.

Anyone experience something similar? Is one of my AC converters kaput? How can it break down? Any chance the public charger was miswired and caused this?