Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OnBoard Charger Failure & Repair in UK/Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just wondering if anyone on here understands how the european/worldwide 3phase gen3 AC Onboard Charging unit works for the Model S & X.

I've replaced mine and it was working fine all night but now the first phase refuses to accept any input voltage.

I replaced it as the previous unit had failed on both phase 2 & 3 and wouldn't charge any faster than 24amp on a single phase.

The shot below is the diagnostic screen I can get to, I can't use the in car screen as it begins to load and then stalls. The car also has a warning in the dash binnacle of "Low Disk Space"

I have tried a scroll wheels reset but that doesn't clear it. Supercharging still seemingly works as well as that just bypasses the OBC AC charger from what I can see.
Any help would be appreciated folks.

Update just added another diagnostic shot. As usual Google brings up burger all for the fault codes 🤦‍♂️ and I don't have access to the Tesla portal that lists them all.

Digging into this I think the 1st phase onboard charger is ok, but the fuse has blown 😔
If I strip it down I can get the cover off and then replace the fuse in with, obviously disconnecting the firemans loop to kill the high voltage system.
Does anyone have a part number for a suitable replacement at all?

I may not be using the correct term, the item I think that has blown is covered in the pinkish coloured pad ms may be a resistor. Each board has 2, one for Live and one for Neutral.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240210-175647.png
    Screenshot_20240210-175647.png
    280 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20240210-181000~4.png
    Screenshot_20240210-181000~4.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 19
  • WhatsApp-Image-2023-01-26-at-9.05.37-PM~3.jpeg
    WhatsApp-Image-2023-01-26-at-9.05.37-PM~3.jpeg
    396 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: