Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error messages and regenerative breaking totally off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was getting off an exit and the traction control disabled. I then got error messages, APP_w009 (automatic emergency breaking disabled), DI_a222 (stability control disabled), and DI_a223 (traction control disabled). I didn't hit anything and the roads were dry. Nor did it rain recently. Regenerative breaking was totally nonexistent, it was like driving a regular car for the rest of the trip. Vehicle is brand spanking new (as in, I just picked it up 3 days ago). I parked it in my driveway, returned sometime later and put it into drive and there were no active error messages and it felt fine.

Do I take this in for service? I would assume so and already made an appointment. Any idea if this is something serious?

Not likely serious. I've never had that particular error, but glitches are not unheard of.
I would open a ticket and provide them with what you observed as well as with the exact time when it happened. They can look it up in the log files and then take appropriate action.

Not likely serious. I've never had that particular error, but glitches are not unheard of.
I would open a ticket and provide them with what you observed as well as with the exact time when it happened. They can look it up in the log files and then take appropriate action.
Yep, if anything they would see that you reported this just in case a few months something serious shows up

So here's the update: I was supposed to bring it in for a service call this morning. I got a message through the app from a technician saying that the car is fine and it's a firmware issue that will be fixed on the next over-the-air update. They said that the car is safe to drive and it's nothing related to the car itself, and if it happens again just use the breaking like in a traditional car and everything should be back on the next trip.

• Informative
Reactions: UncleCreepy
You can turn on the blended friction braking. Under Settings =>Pedals & Steering => Regenerative Braking - Apply friction brakes when regenerative braking is reduced or unavailable (usually due to low temperatures or high state of charge in the battery.)