Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EO destination charging prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there an easy way to find out destination charging pricing for ‘EO App’ controlled devices? No up to date info seems to be available from destination charger provider other than it looks to be charged per hour. £1/hr, £2.50/hr, £3.50/hr seems to be the reported prices for the charger that I am interested in but all are quite dated.

I downloaded the EO App and had to register to even see coverage but whilst it knows about the site it doesn’t have any other info other than name and map pin. Adjacent sites have a bit more info but still sparse and no pricing. I guess this info is kept hidden as it’s not ‘public’ charging.

Site doesn’t appear on any other app that I have looked at other than a single out of date comment on Zapmap.

EO app all a bit Micky mouse and would be hesitant to give them my payment details. Rather off putting and at current point I’m just going to give this convenient opportunity to charge a miss.

Presumably others here have more positive experiences with EO destination charging? If so, how is it billed if per hour - full hour, pro rata, etc. Hour or so top up would probably get us home without having to charge again.

Our office has EO. Agreed it’s Micky Mouse. Needs plenty of reboots. Whilst the office shows on everyone’s app, it’s not available to the public and you won’t get a charge out of it. You would only see tarif info on the app once plugged in.

Look like EO now has Cloud 2- let’s just hope they upgrade the old network but I’m not holding my breath.

Our system is set to free but there are several billing options you can set.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Well it was £5/hr but by then had worked out I could get home with around 20% so didn’t bother.

At approx 45p/kWh, it’s not unreasonable a price for a convenient charge (my peak rate is 31p), but being able to get back and make use of off peak tipped the scale against Mickey Mouse app and dodgy looking payment facility.

Per hour charging also very off putting - wasn’t clear how that would be charged or controlled. Would it be £10 for 1h:1min of charging (or plugged in) or prorated? I suspect the former.