Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ended: $2K Off Instead Of $1K From Current VA & OH Owners, Confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious how many of the very top folks are in Ohio or Virginia. Is there any way to tell?

The top guy with 92 referrals is from VA. The easiest way is to google their referral code/ID. If you google Edward8069 you'll find his posts on the Tesla forum. I haven't googled anyone else on the leaderboard.

Also, for folks in the US, my iPhone app is giving me the same like for both "region" and "world". Anyone else see this? For instance, I wanted to see how many referral Bjorn got, but now I can't.

The top guy with 92 referrals is from VA. The easiest way is to google their referral code/ID. If you google Edward8069 you'll find his posts on the Tesla forum. I haven't googled anyone else on the leaderboard.

Also, for folks in the US, my iPhone app is giving me the same like for both "region" and "world". Anyone else see this? For instance, I wanted to see how many referral Bjorn got, but now I can't.

I see the same thing...no longer can see world results.

I don't have a Model S (Roadster here), so I don't have access to the list.

I'd love to see you get to 5, GasDoc! You've been a great asset to the EV community. :)

Fingers crossed for you.

3 years learning, lurking, obsessing and saving. TODAY is the day I order! So excited beyond words. Knew I would come here on this day to find 2K referral code, read through the whole thread and I would be honored to be GasDoc's #5! Mostly because of the Bonnie endorsement, what a lady! Able to post your code GasDoc? I'm ready!

$2K Off Instead Of $1K From Current VA & OH Owners, Confirmed

Hey all! Am sitting on a plane flying cross-country, and can't sleep because of an unruly child. So why not pop over here, with a few hour to go to this program!
Happy to see a bunch of you made to gigatour just today. That is awesome! This community rocks big time.

I am still sitting at 0, partly because I live in CA, and mainly because I decided to focus on helping others.
As you may know, I used a friend and colleague's referral code from VA. He is a day one type of guy, and he got a Model S in 2012. When my order went through, and confirmed that the 2000$ referral rebate worked anywhere in the US, I got to work: I figured the least I could do to pay him back is get to him to 5 and a gigatour invite. Right?
So I engaged with the fine folks around here, and via pm and email, walked folks throughout the ordering process, picking options, and more importantly, convincing their local DS that, yes, the full 2000$ should be applied to their order. I provided an anonymized copy of my lease agreement, and my friend's email from Elon about the program change.
Just yesterday, we proved that this also works across the border into Canada. Which arguably opens up the whole world! And that made it 5 for him.

My buddy and I work for a company that is located in the Bay Area. And now it seems this karma is paying back: I will be his gigabuddy for the gigatour! Work will get him in the area, and then we are getting into my red Energon (working title) and road-tripping to Reno! Gigaparty, here we come!
(My wife will be massively jealous though. If someone's +1 bails, you know who to pm!)

3 years learning, lurking, obsessing and saving. TODAY is the day I order! So excited beyond words. Knew I would come here on this day to find 2K referral code, read through the whole thread and I would be honored to be GasDoc's #5! Mostly because of the Bonnie endorsement, what a lady! Able to post your code GasDoc? I'm ready!

You ROCK! Thank you!

PM Sent!

Oh what the heck. I better post it I case the PM goes astray.

Model S Design Studio | Tesla Motors

PM Sent!

Oh what the heck. I better post it I case the PM goes astray.

Model S Design Studio | Tesla Motors

:) I have to admit that one of the best parts of this whole last-minute referral thing is getting pm's from new owners. Makes me remember how I felt back then and lets me share my excitement, too. Plus, invitations to visit/charge in at least 3 different states will come in handy for later road-tripping. Hope to meet all of you in person one of these days!

Last edited:

I agree. I've enjoyed talking to new owners as well, and current owners who are upgrading. I even got an offer to use a lake house with an HPWC :) Tempting! The best has been the 4 co-workers who bought S's. We now have 10 in my building at work.

Last edited:
[...] And that made it 5 for him.

My buddy and I work for a company that is located in the Bay Area. And now it seems this karma is paying back: I will be his gigabuddy for the gigatour! Work will get him in the area, and then we are getting into my red Energon (working title) and road-tripping to Reno! Gigaparty, here we come!

hey e-FTW - glad to hear your buddy made it to 5 and you'll join him to the Gigafactory! I guess that should be karma-FTW :smile:
and as you said, this TMC community rocks!

Time to say good bye to the current Buyer Referral Program ...It's coming up on 2am on the east coast ... at 3am it all ends ..... midnight on Tesla CA time .... what a roller coaster ride ... especially for those of us in VA. and Ohio. First got a few referrals out .... no big deal .... some credit for service or something .... then Virginia came out calling it "Bird dogging" saying it was illegal to sell without out a license .... Elon respond immediately giving the entire $2,000.00 to the buyer .... OK ... again no big deal referring the car is just a everyday thing anyway .... then Tesla sent an email out saying only 2 weeks left ... logged in and I had 4 referrals ... wow ... one more and I can go to the Giga factory ..... I posted that in this link and people started messaging, asking questions and about opinions .... and I went over 5 ... alright ... pack my bags ... Reno here I come .... then I log again and I'm at 9 .... whoa ... rollercoaster keep on rolling .... 1 more and a Founders X is in the picture .... and tonight I'm over the 10 mark ... actually just checked again .. now at 14 .... but mainly with a few new friends and a lot of new Tesla owners from all of us ..... yes..... more great fun to owning a already great car ..... :)

Time to say good bye to the current Buyer Referral Program ...It's coming up on 2am on the east coast ... at 3am it all ends ..... midnight on Tesla CA time .... what a roller coaster ride ... especially for those of us in VA. and Ohio. First got a few referrals out .... no big deal .... some credit for service or something .... then Virginia came out calling it "Bird dogging" saying it was illegal to sell without out a license .... Elon respond immediately giving the entire $2,000.00 to the buyer .... OK ... again no big deal referring the car is just a everyday thing anyway .... then Tesla sent an email out saying only 2 weeks left ... logged in and I had 4 referrals ... wow ... one more and I can go to the Giga factory ..... I posted that in this link and people started messaging, asking questions and about opinions .... and I went over 5 ... alright ... pack my bags ... Reno here I come .... then I log again and I'm at 9 .... whoa ... rollercoaster keep on rolling .... 1 more and a Founders X is in the picture .... and tonight I'm over the 10 mark ... actually just checked again .. now at 14 .... but mainly with a few new friends and a lot of new Tesla owners from all of us ..... yes..... more great fun to owning a already great car ..... :)
Congrats to Ohio and Virginia owners, lame state laws sent fortune your way. Now you'd better get plane tickets to Reno early or else charter a plane for all of you!

image.jpg

You didn't do too shabby. Jumped up a good 20 referrals in what, 3 days? Greedy people wanting that 2k off ;-) can't blame em.

Congrats. I'll see you at the Gigafactory!

Hah, well when you are spending over $100K on an "optioned" car, every discount helps. It's actually one of the reasons I bought the car. I've never paid MSRP for a car and never will. The $2K off satisfied my requirement. Now I can use the extra money to help with an aftermarket set of wheels. Don't particularly like the stock options. The stock wheel "upgrades" are obviously large profit items.

Hopefully next referral round, other besides OH and VA residents can get in on the action.