Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

End of Warranty Inspection in the GTA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
My 2016 Model S 75D is coming out of warranty at the end of June 2023 (Tesla Canada was giving out a full 4 year/80 k km warranty back in 2019 ).

What should I be getting looked at for an "End of Warranty Inspection" ? What are the common issues with this specific model?

I've had all 4 door handles already either replaced (2 of them) or repaired/serviced.

I've also had the battery coolant valves replaced (slight leak). Other than the above two issues, the car has been very reliable and I'd like to keep it for a couple more years.

My build date is June 2016. Refreshed bumper, AP1 and I upgraded to MCU2 last year.

Any shops in the GTA that perform such a service and if you've had any personal experience with such a service?

I just had an end of warranty inspection on my 2015 MS. I had Tesla do the check. The fee was $178. I had noticed some creaking from the front and they discovered the upper control arms on both sides needed to be replaced. I only had to pay the deductible. I asked how much it would have cost if it was out of warranty and he said around $1700. If you suspect any suspension issues then make sure they check these.

My car is a 2014 and I have had to replace five door handles. I would have the door handles checked again as I had to replace one of them twice. Maybe window motor as well, as I had one die and the service guy said that is frequent.

• Informative
Reactions: SilverGS
I just had my 2020 M3 DM end of warranty inspection done in Ottawa. The car has only 27.8K on the clock. What is interesting is that I had not noticed any issues and it appears that both rear upper suspension links and the left front upper control arms were replaced under warranty. One never gets to speak to anyone about these issues but maybe these are inherently bad designs and or material choices in this model year and others should have them looked at before entering the no warranty period. Everything else was good to go. The inspection cost $220 Can so well worth it in my case.

I just had an end of warranty inspection on my 2015 MS. I had Tesla do the check. The fee was $178. I had noticed some creaking from the front and they discovered the upper control arms on both sides needed to be replaced. I only had to pay the deductible. I asked how much it would have cost if it was out of warranty and he said around $1700. If you suspect any suspension issues then make sure they check these.
My 2016 X needed both front control arms replaced in August 2022, almost a month after I bought it, parts were $233 and $105 labour plus tax. $1700? Tesla seems to make numbers up as they go along. I went in for a coolant leak. Estimate $50. It went to $500ish and after suggesting I should replace both valves because they "were there" (had everything apart) and "they usually go at the same time", I drove away with a $926+ tax invoice. With further experience I usually expect to pay 2 to 3 times rhe estimate. But, I thought the control arms were a good deal!