Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon's Bromance with Cheeto Jesus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...those same goofy gestures aimed at other non-handicapped people..

Doing that to BOTH non-handicapped people AND handicapped people is horrible.

Doing that in public to no one at all: not to non-handicapped people, not to handicapped people is still distasteful.

However, as explained by Trump himself, loyalty counts:

"You know what else they say about my people? The polls, they say I have the most loyal people. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay? It’s like incredible,"

Yes

What a load of BS. As if this is like one gaff that's being blown out of proportion. There's 10,000 other reasons why he's a turd of a human being.

That may be. But the issue was did Trump mock the handicapped guy. I'm only asking if anyone is able to explain why Trump used the same gestures before with other people as the target. Simple question. Not trying to debate Trump.

Reactions: rxlawdude
Doing that to BOTH non-handicapped people AND handicapped people is horrible.

Doing that in public to no one at all: not to non-handicapped people, not to handicapped people is still distasteful.

However, as explained by Trump himself, loyalty counts:

"You know what else they say about my people? The polls, they say I have the most loyal people. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay? It’s like incredible,"

I don't remember anyone being outraged at Trump's goofy gestures when aimed at Ted Cruz or others. I'm sure you can cite numerous Trump character flaws. I'm only trying to understand or explain how it was mocking handicapped guy when he did with others. I guess no one can explain it.

If you're extremely reliant on the government your going to have to buddy up to the POTUS.

It's as a simple as that. I don't like it, but it has to be that way.

In Elon's position I'd be doing exactly the same thing, and hating every second of it.

Now that isn't to say I believe it will last. Both Trump and Elon lash out too easily. In fact a lot of comparisons have been made about the two. Not that they share the same beliefs, but certain mannerism minus the weirdly bizarre self-aggrandizing Trump is inflicted with.

It won't last, and there will be fall out from it. To say Elon needs to tread carefully is putting it lightly.

I don't remember anyone being outraged at Trump's goofy gestures when aimed at Ted Cruz or others. I'm sure you can cite numerous Trump character flaws. I'm only trying to understand or explain how it was mocking handicapped guy when he did with others. I guess no one can explain it.
Here's my explanation:
What physical gestures does a handicapped person make? They move their hands and arms in awkward motions. Trump was mocking the handicapped guy the SAME WAY he mocked Cruz and the others. He was implying that they ALL are handicapped because that is a commonly understood motion from a truly handicapped person. It was a character flaw when he did it for Cruz and others, and especially bad when he did it for a truly handicapped person.

That handicapped guy in question doesn't flail around like that.

Very true and accurate statement!

New York Times reporter Serge Kovaleski does not fail his arms around nor does he talk like that.

To portrait that reporter's ability to speak worse than real life and that his arms failing like that in the podium to the public is despicable.

Last edited:
Here's my explanation:
What physical gestures does a handicapped person make? They move their hands and arms in awkward motions. Trump was mocking the handicapped guy the SAME WAY he mocked Cruz and the others. He was implying that they ALL are handicapped because that is a commonly understood motion from a truly handicapped person. It was a character flaw when he did it for Cruz and others, and especially bad when he did it for a truly handicapped person.

The reality is he should have known better.

If you make fun of people long enough then eventually you'll make fun of the one person you NEVER EVER make fun of. At best you look like an idiot for doing it, and at worse you're this person who makes fun of a handicap person.

He should have taken responsibility for what he did, and apologized over and over for it.

But, to my knowledge he never sincerely apologized.

He never took responsibility for what everyone saw.

I don't care what his intentions were or what his past behavior was.

In my life time I've probably apologized 10,000 times for things I said or did not because I had bad intentions, but because of what those actions were seen/heard as.

But, unlike Trump I'm a decent compassionate person most of the time. I have the empathy required to realize when I screw up.

Last edited:
So, you can't? You know, I was never a huge Trump supporter. He does have a number of flaws (so did Hillary and others too). But isn't there enough negative material out there on Trump without having the media fabricate a story?

Pretty weak proof, especially with edits to enhance his gestures in your examples (when he's not mocking the handicapped).
Lame defense.

At the time it was outrageous, and we thought he was joke, and this guy is going to lose badly. Now that joke has real power. Now it's not funny, it just adds to very long list of character flaws which should make everybody very very afraid.

Here's my explanation:

That's a stretch. Actually the reporter in question doesn't flail around. Hands at his side. So when Trump used that gesture to describe himself you're saying he was calling himself handicapped?

Meanwhile, back on the topic, there are multiple reports of he who shall not be named owing a Roadster in his rich guy collection of 10 or so expensive cars. Celebrities need a car collection, right, whether he actually ever drove it? Bet not, just an investment. Maybe Seinfeld will take him out in it for "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" like Jerry did with Obama. Wait Jerry should take Elon out, I would love to see that.

At the time it was outrageous, and we thought he was joke, and this guy is going to lose badly. Now that joke has real power. Now it's not funny, it just adds to very long list of character flaws which should make everybody very very afraid.

Fine, be afraid. My only point here is the looking at the facts with an open mind, without bias, I just can't see that he was mocking the guy. If there were no other prior video proof I would agree.

I just find it amazing that even with evidence of prior use of these gestures that so many refuse to acknowledge the possibility that he didn't mock the guy. Admitting that possibly doesn't mean all the other reasons you can't stand him are invalid.

It's the scientist in me that simply looks for proof or evidence one way or the other to support the hypothesis.

Reactions: EV-Bull
Fine, be afraid. My only point here is the looking at the facts with an open mind, without bias, I just can't see that he was mocking the guy. If there were no other prior video proof I would agree.

I just find it amazing that even with evidence of prior use of these gestures that so many refuse to acknowledge the possibility that he didn't mock the guy. Admitting that possibly doesn't mean all the other reasons you can't stand him are invalid.

The other video "proof" is of him mocking people.
It's the scientist in me that simply looks for proof or evidence one way or the other to support the hypothesis.

The scientist in you seems to have a problem divorcing yourself from your own confirmation biases. Clearly the evidence shows he uses unflattering body motions to mock people, thus the video evidence proves that he was in fact mocking that reporter.

The scientist in you seems to have a problem divorcing yourself from your own confirmation biases. Clearly the evidence shows he uses unflattering body motions to mock people, thus the video evidence proves that he was in fact mocking that reporter.

I can't even believe there's a discussion about this. I know people can be purposely obtuse when it suits them, but this is goes to another level that doesn't even have a word to define it. *Must invent a word for Websters*