Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be really horrific for "the human race" if some people cared a little too much about their fellow humans and their struggles. yes.

You forgot the /s

Of course this should be default. Caring about others as a prime.
Maybe being woke for being woke stands in the way of caring. The aim is not being woke. The aim is caring.

Your question kinda makes my point. There is nothing in the way. Ask another similar question but maybe use my word of focus.

Alternatively, we could consider how hectic and stressful the lives of the majority in the west are. How can we expect them to improve in multiple ways whilst fixing the lives of others?
I think you misunderstood slightly, and the question was what about “wokeness” -- which takes up very little of anyone’s time -- prevents people from ALSO working on solutions for poverty? Nothing really. Walking and chewing gum. About the only places wokeness wastes time is places like... in Elon’s head, on Fox News etc. Its really a pretty minor phenomenon except to stir up the right/left tribes.
Twitter for example wastes, oh 3 million times more time and energy than wokeness.

Last edited:
The "woke mind virus" boogeyman is simply another tool used to keep people distracted from the real problems. It's the same as homophobia/transphobia, immigration, etc. Give people a non issue to focus on and direct their anger towards so they can't pay attention to what's really happening. It's telling that Elon has bought into these lies, I'm not sure if he actually believes them or just sees that they fit into his agenda, both are equally disturbing.

The only "mind virus" is the idea that being "woke" is somehow a threat. Regular people just know that society has made life harder for some and easier for others, They go on with their lives and do the best they can. That's where I live.

It's only in certain bubbles that it seems to be terrifying to realize that people have noticed that the world is unfair. It's the same mindset that wanted water fountains and bathrooms to be segregated.

Your question kinda makes my point. There is nothing in the way. Ask another similar question but maybe use my word of focus.

Alternatively, we could consider how hectic and stressful the lives of the majority in the west are. How can we expect them to improve in multiple ways whilst fixing the lives of others?
What part of the crusade against the woke agenda is helping to feed starving Africans? Pandering to the racists, anti-Semites, misogynists, climate deniers, ultra-greedy, homophobes, gun-nuts, etc. is somehow relieving their "hectic and stressful lives" so they can "fix" the lives of others? I fear what you might actually mean by that word "fixing".

Last edited:
I know we're not meant to do politics but this is just... Wow, he's making a joke about a terrorist group who killed many innocent people, and to do so now when there are heightened tensions in Northern Ireland. I really have no words at how low this is.

I assume this means he'll be reversing course on taking funds from this act to clog supercharger stations with Chevy bolts.

Being “woke” isn’t the problem.

It’s the extremes and what they advocate that are the problem. (Ie cancel culture, overreaction to Dave Chapelle, going back and shunning everything that was considered comedy in the past, getting people fired, quietly suppressing views they don’t agree with, etc.)

Complaining about either a woke mind virus, or just its extremes, is not going to work as long as a whole party is paving the way for a quite likely re-nomination of Trump who quite obviously (at least in the view of many) cultivates white nationalists and their surroundings as a part of his voter base, even promises pardons to those mad enough to violently invade congress. That's not how any real conflicts will be resolved.

After reading many preceding posts with the same orientation...
Complaining about either Ultra Maga or just its extremes, is not going to work as long as a whole party is paving the way for a quite likely re-nomination of Biden who quite obviously (at least in the view of many) cultivates radical ANTIFA rioters and their surroundings as a part of his voter base, and mostly fails to prosecute many of those mad enough to violently destroy cities. That's not how any real conflicts will be resolved.

I know we're not meant to do politics but this is just... Wow, he's making a joke about a terrorist group who killed many innocent people, and to do so now when there are heightened tensions in Northern Ireland. I really have no words at how low this is.

Not the first time the observation has been made on a cleverly (not) named bill that at its core is meant to weaponize revenue collection.

Both should be considered domestic terrorism.

mostly fails to prosecute many of those mad enough to violently destroy cities
That could be because the executive branch only has the authority to enforce federal law and violently destroying cities (other than Washington DC) is not a federal crime. People in this country need a basic civics education.

That could be because the executive branch only has the authority to enforce federal law and violently destroying cities (other than Washington DC) is not a federal crime. People in this country need a basic civics education.

Name the city. 😉
FDB17E86-2C04-44FA-BA83-8CB092A2397D.jpeg

Reactions: philw1776
After reading many preceding posts with the same orientation...
Complaining about either Ultra Maga or just its extremes, is not going to work as long as a whole party is paving the way for a quite likely re-nomination of Biden who quite obviously (at least in the view of many) cultivates radical ANTIFA rioters and their surroundings as a part of his voter base, and mostly fails to prosecute many of those mad enough to violently destroy cities. That's not how any real conflicts will be resolved.

That wouldn't work either, and in fact I'm not on Twitter compaining about the MAGA "mind virus".

However if wonder if you are trying to say that MAGA is a response to Antifa in the same way that "woke" is a response to racism ?
That's the basis of MAGA?

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Being “woke” isn’t the problem.

It’s the extremes and what they advocate that are the problem. (Ie cancel culture, overreaction to Dave Chapelle, going back and shunning everything that was considered comedy in the past, getting people fired, quietly suppressing views they don’t agree with, etc.)
Yep, and Elon is a big part of the problem. He's done everything underlined:

1. Canceled many Twitter accounts, including @elonjet
2. Shunned what was clearly comedy, including canceling the accounts of people who are clearly comedians, who happened to be making fun of him
3. Fired many people at Twitter for not agreeing with him. Tried to get reporters fired for reporting on true, but unflattering, things about him as Tesla CEO. Etc.
4. Suppressed accounts of journalists for reporting on the banning of the @elonjet account

Status
Not open for further replies.