Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Wednesday, Twitter employees had the tech equivalent of a snow day: the company’s Slack instance was down for “routine maintenance,” they were told, and the company was implementing a deployment freeze as a result.
“There is no such thing as routine maintenance. That’s bullshit,” a current Slack employee told us.

In this as in so many other things, Twitter hasn’t paid its Slack bill. But that’s not why Slack went down: someone at Twitter manually shut off access, we’re told.

“Generally, former employees say they were clearly and repeatedly promised by Twitter's previous management that, should they be laid off by Musk after he took over, they would receive severance "equal to or better than" two months of base pay, three months of stock vesting, a pro-rated bonus payout, and a cash contribution to cover ongoing health insurance. The promise was also included in the merger agreement between Musk and Twitter.”

• Informative
Reactions: sunwarriors
“Generally, former employees say they were clearly and repeatedly promised by Twitter's previous management that, should they be laid off by Musk after he took over, they would receive severance "equal to or better than" two months of base pay, three months of stock vesting, a pro-rated bonus payout, and a cash contribution to cover ongoing health insurance. The promise was also included in the merger agreement between Musk and Twitter.”

Hope they got it in writing. Otherwise, those promises by former management are worthless.

I don’t think the terms of severance are in the merger agreement. The top executives got their golden parachutes in writing and Elon is reportedly trying to get out of paying those too. I assume what “included in the merger agreement” means there is language that says Twitter still has to abide by agreements made before.
Yep, it could totally just be a standard line that says Elon would abide by prior obligations instead of laying out specific severance terms. If that is the case, it is as good as worthless, since currently Twitter is even skipping on rent and bills to vendors (apparently even ones they are still using).

Yep, it could totally just be a standard line that says Elon would abide by prior obligations instead of laying out specific severance terms. If that is the case, it is as good as worthless, since currently Twitter is even skipping on rent and bills to vendors (apparently even ones they are still using).
I’d like to see this non-payment of bills and other obligations explained by Twitter or Elon in terms of morality and just good business. Seems likely the only place that ever might be addressed is in a deposition.
It’s just baffling how you can claim that humanity is the reason for everything you do, and then treat people like crap.

It’s just baffling how you can claim that humanity is the reason for everything you do, and then treat people like crap.
Not a surprise, really, when you truly believe that everything you do is for the "greater good" - the survival of humanity.

The lengths that people will go to effect that goal are endless and countless wars have been fought to that effect.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
The sort of thing that Elon is referring to is that without a 2023 "woke" agenda we might be focussing on actually fixing the problem of 490m africans living in extreme poverty.

The woke agenda just needs to slow down a bit and be a bit more forgiving. It might be that 2022 was the peak and it has already. The majority will be fine with 2023 woke in 5 or so years.

The sort of thing that Elon is referring to is that without a 2023 "woke" agenda we might be focussing on actually fixing the problem of 490m africans living in extreme poverty.

The woke agenda just needs to slow down a bit and be a bit more forgiving. It might be that 2022 was the peak and it has already. The majority will be fine with 2023 woke in 5 or so years.

Honestly curious - what about the 2023 woke agenda is in the way of helping starving africans?

Understanding Elons reasoning can be hard. I mostly disagree with his statements, but when he states "Many go woke for the moral cloak",
I cannot agree more on this.

It would be really horrific for "the human race" if some people cared a little too much about their fellow humans and their struggles. yes.

Honestly curious - what about the 2023 woke agenda is in the way of helping starving africans?
Your question kinda makes my point. There is nothing in the way. Ask another similar question but maybe use my word of focus.

Alternatively, we could consider how hectic and stressful the lives of the majority in the west are. How can we expect them to improve in multiple ways whilst fixing the lives of others?

Status
Not open for further replies.