Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which competitors were unable?

What revolutionary advancement has Tesla made other than cutting a steering wheels in half and putting out fart sounds? I’ll wait….

And I truly want to know wat Musk engineered for Space X or any of the Tesla Vehicles….

Space-X: Tons of people including Bezos, Nasa, and Virgin all trying to perfect re-usable rocketry - Only Elon pulled it off at scale. Folks wanted this for decades - only Elon got there (and yes now everyone else is joining the party)

Tesla: Supercharger network. Fully integrated heat pump. Solar Tiles. Phased reluctance motors. (endless longer list) - lots of other attempts at all of that, no one else delivered until Elon got it done.

Again I think Elon's being a total D-bag, but he HAS clearly and repeatedly advanced all kinds of industries and technologies at the helm of his companies that tons of perfectly talented and motivated people were unable to do. It can't just be him taking credit for random other people's work because if that were the case we'd have Bezo's team ferrying payloads to the international space station and landing fully reusably at 1/10th the cost Nasa used to do the job.

This happened a while back correct? Shouldn’t he have been corrected at that point? Why was he allowed to continue on this path and only NOW it has become an issue… people kept buying his product…

The BOD should have removed him as CEO back then. His talents are in the technology area so CTO would be a good role for him. But the role of a CEO involves communication with external parties and with the public. This is obviously not one of his strong points.

Really Elon has 2 key things to do.

Reestablish trust. Honestly why during say the Q4 earnings call should we trust anything Elon says? The guy who says he will appoint a diverse content moderation board, he will abide by the CEO poll, etc. He has lied early and often since taking over Twitter. Why should I believe him when he says the CyberTruck will arrive mid year and it will be at 250K per year run rate at end of the year or anything else he says?

The 1st step is abide by the CEO poll. It really changes nothing other than making it so the poll was not a lie.

The 2nd key thing is not come across as a far right troll. Elon saying he is a centrist and amplifying right wing trolls and conspiracies doesnt look centrist. Look at what the majority of the public wants and say things that support that. Can start with going back to focusing on the mission to tackle climate change and at least say you support human rights.

Otherwise I do believe the brand destruction will grow.

Really Elon has 2 key things to do.

Reestablish trust. Honestly why during say the Q4 earnings call should we trust anything Elon says? The guy who says he will appoint a diverse content moderation board, he will abide by the CEO poll, etc. He has lied early and often since taking over Twitter. Why should I believe him when he says the CyberTruck will arrive mid year and it will be at 250K per year run rate at end of the year or anything else he says?

The 1st step is abide by the CEO poll. It really changes nothing other than making it so the poll was not a lie.

The 2nd key thing is not come across as a far right troll. Elon saying he is a centrist and amplifying right wing trolls and conspiracies doesnt look centrist. Look at what the majority of the public wants and say things that support that. Can start with going back to focusing on the mission to tackle climate change and at least say you support human rights.

Otherwise I do believe the brand destruction will grow.
I agree. Unfortunately I doubt he will do either. He just posted that "newspapers just search the internet and print it out". He's nuts.

“Investors now fear U.S. brand damage given typical EV buyer demographics (~40% from CA, maybe 70%+ from blue states) in dwindling backlog environment,” the analysts wrote."

Will have to see how this plays out in like 6 months. Read an article that the IRS list of qualified EVs won't be posted till end of March now. If I was in the market for an EV, I'd probably want to see the list before buying.

“Investors now fear U.S. brand damage given typical EV buyer demographics (~40% from CA, maybe 70%+ from blue states) in dwindling backlog environment,” the analysts wrote."

Will have to see how this plays out in like 6 months. Read an article that the IRS list of qualified EVs won't be posted till end of March now. If I was in the market for an EV, I'd probably want to see the list before buying.
it's not just the US ... it's the global economy and a looming recession. if you have a hard time heating your home in Europe this winter ... you aren't in the market for a Model Y which starts at $54k in the "cheapest" variant. Unlike the US there are plenty of alternative fast charging options in the EU and CCS is standard. the Tesla lineup starts well above the competition in price and they are seeing demand slow down which will worsen of the economy struggles. Buying a $54k EV isn't a "need" item... it's a "want" item and Volkswagen / Hyundai etc are all competing with alternative EVs at lower prices.

Reactions: GreenDriver

Their vehicles have some impressive competition.

Their charging network does not.

Tesla has a fabulous product, unrivaled charging network and further new products in the pipeline.

What remains to be seen is if the brand damage is big enough to counter those strengths (especially outside the US where Elon's tribal US politics are less problematic).

1671574220990.jpeg

super funny stuff. blacks and women shouldn't be allowed to vote. HILARIOUS !!!! quite the funny bed-fellows Elon is interacting with. Totally good for another 5% stock decline if you ask me.
Pretty sure that pissing off every woman to the extent that she won't buy a Tesla is good for way more than a 5% decline.

Edit: -8.05% just today, lol. Any bets on when TSLA breaks below the $100 level?

Last edited:
super funny stuff. blacks and women shouldn't be allowed to vote. HILARIOUS !!!! quite the funny bed-fellows Elon is interacting with. Totally good for another 5% stock decline if you ask me.
So now you’re admonishing him for the company he allegedly keeps online. He’s not hanging out with the dude in his day-to-day, He’s not bringing him on as an advisor in an official capacity.

And from what I can tell without going and looking for it he’s not even agreeing with Ian specifically on that point.

This collectivist stuff is for the birds. By giving this any credence and amplifying it you’re feeding into the FUD thus stepping on your own rake when you complain of the share price.

Stock ended today its lowest in years.
So now you’re admonishing him for the company he allegedly keeps online. He’s not hanging out with the dude in his day-to-day, He’s not bringing him on as an advisor in an official capacity.

And from what I can tell without going and looking for it he’s not even agreeing with Ian specifically on that point.

This collectivist stuff is for the birds. By giving this any credence and amplifying it you’re feeding into the FUD thus stepping on your own rake when you complain of the share price.
And defending him at all costs is a sign of a cult member. And no, it's not funny stuff at all.

Stock ended today its lowest in years.

And defending him at all costs is a sign of a cult member. And no, it's not funny stuff at all.
Whatever. I just know that if people weren’t so willing to buy into the negative press by an undoubtedly state compromised media machine perhaps we wouldn’t be where we are as a country.

Elon is exposing that and is being punished for it along with the shareholders of TSLA since Twitter is a private company and they can only do so much in an overt manner.

Keep feeding the monster if you wanna see $100/share, or you can fight back and say no to those who want to subvert common decency and promote societal rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.