Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just me or does anyone else support/want idiots like this to simply be banned from all airlines if they do stupid stuff? The airlines should actually work together to kick troublemakers to the curb and simply stop them all from flying. They can drive for all I care. There is no 1st amendment to fly on a private company's airline if you're an idiot.

Course, these folks will now claim I'm cancelling someone when in reality, these 'customers' are bad for business if they delay/block/stop every single damn flight and businesses are simply using their own rights to not serve problem customers.

My point again where I don't care much about rich people nowadays. Just because you're rich doesn't mean you should be a douche like this passenger was. Sometimes, I think being rich has a lot to being lucky as well, but that's me (being in America already gives you a huge advantage for people/companies).
There’s so much wrong with this I don’t even know where to begin.

Well he did put in Community Notes which allows people that put out information to validate other misinformation because the community notes themselves arent validated and fact checked.

Totally and completely wrong.

Community notes was developed, tested and deployed on june 2022 before Elon ever got ahold of Twitter.

See the problem with you folks? You're spouting stuff that's trivial to fact check and is just WRONG. Elon did not make Community Notes - it was ALREADY THERE when he arrived and built by the people he fired for incompetence.

Elon basically promoting the idea that many former twitter employees were apologists for child abuse. This is basically a continuation of Qanon/pizzagate type conspiracy theories. Although he has tried to spare his friend, Jack Dorsey, from the insinuations, it looks like Jack has sustained some collateral damage if you read the commentary on Twitter.

There does seem to be a pattern of attacking almost anyone he disagrees with using the pedo label, even when it's utterly unsupported.

Reminds me of the actions of an 8 year old schoolyard bully, which is sad. Elon's a great engineer - I so wish we could get him back to meaningful work.

Oh wait I see far fewer advertisements on Twitter now. That is a massive improvement.

Yes I see far fewer ads too. If saying you aren’t interested in ads starts working reliably again, that will be a huge improvement from Elon.

We’ll see. Obviously needs to work after they start charging too.

Part 4 has begun.

Im sure it will be just another nothing burger (when u overlook all the criminality), lol. Nevertheless, it is fun to watch all the intellectually dishonest arguments…gotta admit you all have had a lot of practice over the years.

"
On Jan 7, senior Twitter execs:
- create justifications to ban Trump
"

Seriously? Attempting to overthrow the United States government wasn't reason enough? Did they need to update their TOS to say "Oh yeah, please no starting a civil war in the country where we keep all our stuff."?

This may well be Elon's masterpiece. Trying to frame banning someone actively inciting an insurrection as a nefarious plot against free speech.

Today I had to remove the qualifications ‘drama queen’, ‘nut gobblers’ and ’sucking on Elon's balls’ (the last one being described as ‘relatively mild language’ by the poster above). Anyone who feels this is the correct way of engaging with other members is perhaps better off somewhere else.

Rhetorical question: how much longer do you guess this thread will last?
This thread has been taken over by TSLAQ, other interest groups and people influenced by them. If you saw the FSD subforum being overtaken by them you can recognize the same patterns, lots of innocent sounding posts that eventually lead to derailment of every discussion. Suddenly everything Elon/Tesla/Twitter does is idiotic, they do something it's bad, they don't do something then that's also bad. Tesla/Twitter/Elon doesn't know what they are doing, everything is going horribly wrong. Meanwhile Twitter is thriving, Tesla is thriving, Elon is thriving etc, but from the discussion one might believe the situation is the opposite.

I think there is a big difference between supporting Tesla (TSLA) the company and supporting Elon on whatever he is doing with Twitter.

This thread has been taken over by TSLAQ, other interest groups and people influenced by them. If you saw the FSD subforum being overtaken by them you can recognize the same patterns, lots of innocent sounding posts that eventually lead to derailment of every discussion. Suddenly everything Elon/Tesla/Twitter does is idiotic, they do something it's bad, they don't do something then that's also bad. Tesla/Twitter/Elon doesn't know what they are doing, everything is going horribly wrong. Meanwhile Twitter is thriving, Tesla is thriving, Elon is thriving etc, but from the discussion one might believe the situation is the opposite.

I think there is a big difference between supporting Tesla (TSLA) the company and supporting Elon on whatever he is doing with Twitter.
Yeah, and we must be able to criticise what Elon is twitter like one can be with what they are doing with FSD, which clearly is a fraud. Tesla are doing great for the environment, but it sucks that they will go to jail for defrauding users with the false "full self driving" scam they will never be able to fulfil. And they are losing so many sales because my dentist bought a Lucid after hearing that Elon called a guy pedo on twitter. And the semi presentation where Elon was an asshole and kept interrupting the trucking guy, just awful, but semi is an amazing product, but one must be allowed to criticise Elon right? And Elon clearly is a terrible CEO for firing that janitor with the door keys, but yeah ofc I support Tesla and have been a long term bull, but he's recent twitter actions is making me think about selling my 10 Model S Plaids and getting a Ford Lightenings instead. I am just a concerned shareholder who sees that he's derailed, but I still support Tesla.

Legit criticism is one thing, but growing parts of this thread and what the trolls are doing is something else.

The hits keep coming. In some alternate universe these "revelations" might be considered shocking and disturbing. As it is they're reminiscent of Clara Peller in the "Where's the beef?" commercials for Wendys.

The fourth installment of the so-called “Twitter Files” being released by CEO Elon Musk via various journalists was posted as a thread from journalist Michael Schellenberger, who like Bari Weiss and Matt Taibbi. is a popular writer on Substack.

In the latest thread, Shellenberger continues from Taibbi’s Friday thread on the banning of ex-president Donald Trump, and the attendant and related conversations leading up to that decision.

Among the interesting items in the documents that are being shared with the public is the fact that then-CEO Jack Dorsey, who was under enormous pressure over Trump’s Twitter presence, was on vacation in French Polynesia as the ultimate outright permanent ban decision was being made.

As a result, says Shellenberger, most of the process was handled by then head of Trust & Safety Yoel Roth along with Vijaya Gadde, then counsel and head of legal, policy, and trust.

On January 7th, an email went out to the company from Dorsey which stated that the company needed to be consistent in following policy, including a user’s right to return to the service after a temporary suspension.

Later that day, Roth rather dismissively referenced Dorsey’s email as “fine” but assured an employee that people weren’t happy about it and implied that the real word on what should and should not happen would rest with Gadde.

“Jack’s emails have been_fine_… but ultimately I think people want to hear from Vijaya, or Del, or someone closer to the specifics of this who can reassure them that people who care about this are thinking deeply about these problems and aren’t happy with where we are,” wrote Roth.

It was later that night that Roth said Dorsey had agreed to the “permanent suspension” model.

Shellenberger’s thread continued, somewhat glacially, recounting the timeline from there in his long thread.

Trump’s permanent suspension — which was lifted by Musk after he took over the company — occurred on January 8, 2021, less than two days after the violent riot and attack on the Capitol by supporters of Trump who believed his claims about a stolen election.

Last edited:
I agree about getting out of sight. To me, exposing all this stuff makes Elon look stupid for buying Twitter in the first place.
Isn't Elon trying to prove that Twitter was suppressing speech by shadow banning people? This is the reason why he bought Twitter right? To fix the shadow banning by allowing people to know if they are being shadow banned and subsequently knows why and how to appeal?

This shadow banning stuff without letting people know, the reason why they are shadow banned, and how to fix the problem is absolutely wrong. I have no idea how this is considered a nothing burger when congress under oath asked about this and seems like people have committed perjury.

I think a few recently joined TMC members are running an Elon Musk smear campaign that is failing miserably. Twitter has improved immensely in a very short time, so it appears that yet another Elon Musk company will be a huge success. I expect that this will make the naysayers and Monday morning quarterbacks sitting at home in their armchairs eating pudding 💩 very disappointed.
As a regular Twitter user I can say that for me Twitter has not gotten any better since Elon's purchase. It also hasn't gotten much worse. The biggest change is that instead of looking forward to Elon's tweets as often informative, sometimes funny, and occasionally cringe-worthy, now about 90% of them are just political garbage, often actual lies. It's sad.

Isn't Elon trying to prove that Twitter was suppressing speech by shadow banning people? This is the reason why he bought Twitter right? To fix the shadow banning by allowing people to know if they are being shadow banned and subsequently knows why and how to appeal?

This shadow banning stuff without letting people know, the reason why they are shadow banned, and how to fix the problem is absolutely wrong. I have no idea how this is considered a nothing burger when congress under oath asked about this and seems like people have committed perjury.

Perjury? Please show the evidence.

Meanwhile, in reality-land, lots of us are consistently saying the Elon is a great engineer, has done amazing things at Tesla and Space-X and we simply regret he's gone down a pedo-acccusation-conspiracy-rant rathole with Twitter which despite your mindless adoration is bleeding hundreds of millions of dollars on top the $44B Elon paid for it since he decided to pro-actively pick fights with the advertisers who supplied most of Twitter's income and he's had to repeatedly retract his ill-considered poorly tested attempts at selling "identity" checking with no actual background checks because he laid off the humans who would have done the due diligence on blue checkmarks.

You may now mindless rant that everything Elon does is perfect, he cannot make mistakes, everything at Twitter is perfect, and it's the rest of the world who cannot see reality, while not noticing the Irony of that position.

I'm trying to understand how Elon is ranting about "shadow banning" which is basically EXACTLY what he said he plans to do with "freedom of speech but not freedom of reach".....

Go ahead - explain to us the absolute horrific evils of one, and how it's different from the other. Give details.

Status
Not open for further replies.