Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Elon had the power wouldn't Tim Cook have visited Twitter?🤔
Yes. But even with Elon visiting Apple, you can get an idea of how the power dynamics are by finding out whether Elon was required to sign in on the computer, enter Tim Cook as the person he wanted to see, and wait for Tim to come down to the lobby like any other Apple guest, or whether Tim was already waiting for him when he showed up. Sure, Elon did go to Apple, so that's one data point we have, but during that visit, who waited for whom?

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Yes. But even with Elon visiting Apple, you can get an idea of how the power dynamics are by finding out whether Elon was required to sign in on the computer, enter Tim Cook as the person he wanted to see, and wait for Tim to come down to the lobby like any other Apple guest, or whether Tim was already waiting for him when he showed up. Sure, Elon did go to Apple, so that's one data point we have, but during that visit, who waited for whom?
Good point, and we're just postulating. But even if Musk wasn't treated like any other Apple guest, and Cook got a call that Musk was arriving and then came down, we still don't know the posturing and dynamics.

Did he invite him inside for a drink? Or did he just walk him around outside? Maybe someone can tell me.

• Informative
You good folks who are downvoting the optics posts. Could you please explain yourselves? Do you think that Musk didn't go to Cook? What actually happened was that Cook went to Twitter to meet with Musk and it's fake news? I am truly curious as to what you disagree with.
There’s a ton I disagree about *here*, though I didn’t bother to disagree this time because we’ve got some people behaving in much the way they’re criticizing someone else’s behavior because they’re being disagreed with by a complete strange on the Internet. 🙄

So here’s my reason this time; people just want to make something negative of absolutely everything. It’s *******, ********* and a bunch of other not pleasant personality traits.

All that matters is that they came to a gentleman’s/business agreement. Period. End of story.

No idea how it actually happened.

But won't be surprised if someone other than Tim Cook received Elon when he came with some security detail and took him to meet Cook. Someone else would have entered the names ?

Would be surprised if Tim was waiting to receive him .... my guess is Tim would wait only for the President, Governor or a foreign dignitary.

• Funny
Now let´s see what Elon does with this guy, who commited complete media suicide today:

has to be banned for life.
I disagree. Never interrupt your adversary when they’re committing a mistake.

Let the world see the dude in all of his glorious meltdown — It can only turn people against him.

Dunno, but here´s a perfect storm brewing up. The litmus test for Twitter. If Kanye stays on, Twitter is down.
Don't think so. Afterall Kanye didn't say those things on Twitter. There are a LOT of people who say racist things (may be not Hitler - but as you may know there are a ton of racists not named Hitler) that are on Twitter.

ps : It was very common early on for Nazis to post pictures of "ovens" as replies to Jewish posters. They are the type Elon is following and replying to now-a-days.

There’s a ton I disagree about *here*, though I didn’t bother to disagree this time because we’ve got some people behaving in much the way they’re criticizing someone else’s behavior because they’re being disagreed with by a complete strange on the Internet. 🙄

So here’s my reason this time; people just want to make something negative of absolutely everything. It’s *******, ********* and a bunch of other not pleasant personality traits.

All that matters is that they came to a gentleman’s/business agreement. Period. End of story.
Thank you for explaining your perspective.

The large number of downvotes in this thread was recently addressed by a moderator. Personally, I had also noticed a lot of disagrees without explanation. It's not always apparent to me what exactly the other person has in mind, and I really do want to know. I try not to downvote at all. Can't remember when I last did. If I have a difference of opinion, I express it or keep quiet.

As far as the gentleman's agreement, I am happy that they did so without more drama. However, if we left off postulating about motives here we wouldn't have much to talk about.

That might be good :) . Dont know.

Unless Elon bought Twitter to open the Overton window as wide as possible. He had to do something brave against the woke left who are destroying civilization, and here we are.

I'm not following you. Buying twitter to make sure Kanye can have a platform for his racist meltdowns is "saving civilization" from woke libs who get super annoying about use of pronouns sometimes?

Twitter is going to be a western version of Wechat:

Even photos of Elon's recent Twitter powerpoint showed payments on the last slide. It has everything to do with x.com and not much to do with the Twitter you see at the moment.

So, Twitter is going to save the world and radically innovate by.... copying an app that already exists? OK.. I guess.

Honestly, I see the opposite. Everything Elon did regarding Apple all looked like weakness:

1) Accuse Apple of threatening to remove Twitter from the app store, without presenting any evidence.
2) Elon makes the dumbest statement possible about Apple hating free speech because they backed off on ads.
3) Elon @tim_cook twitter handle.
4) Elon shows up at the Apple HQ and then thanks Tim

During all of of this, Tim doesn't take the bait and doesn't say anything publicly. It's a 100% clown show from Elon. Nothing about anything he did shows strength or power.
Honestly, I see the opposite. Everything Elon did regarding Apple all looked like weakness:

Well ... yes. Apple is the most valuable company in the world. They have the most valuable franchise in the world because they have pricing power. No good alternative but to pay the man. They were trying to take 30% of the $96/yr subscription revenue on Apple phones. Could turn into billions per year for downloading an app. Talk about a great business. So you could easily argue that Apple got the better end of this deal ... I would.

But, Elon got concessions out of them that no-one else in his position could have gotten. That's what I mean by "win" in this case.

How would you have played it? Apple says "sorry, we don't discount" ... what do you do? Say "pretty please?" Not gonna work.

Well ... yes. Apple is the most valuable company in the world. They have the most valuable franchise in the world because they have pricing power. No good alternative but to pay the man. They were trying to take 30% of the $96/yr subscription revenue on Apple phones. Could turn into billions per year for downloading an app. Talk about a great business. So you could easily argue that Apple got the better end of this deal ... I would.

But, Elon got concessions out of them that no-one else in his position could have gotten. That's what I mean by "win" in this case.

How would you have played it? Apple says "sorry, we don't discount" ... what do you do? Say "pretty please?" Not gonna work.
What concessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.