Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is confirmation bias. You expect to see more extreme misinformation and then that's what you will see, even if not much has changed. And not much has changed.

There are over half a billion tweets per day. Moderators probably deleted less than a hundred thousand per day (it's humanly impossible for the moderating teams to handle more reports than that). This means one in 5.000 to 10.000 tweets got deleted. Even if moderation went to zero you'd have to read a loooot of tweets to stumble on one that would normally have been deleted.
No I'm seeing more misinformation because the chief twitt himself is posting it and interacting with more people promoting it. Has nothing to do with what's being deleted or not. The only "confirmation bias" is from people like yourself unwilling to see what is obviously different.

Could we, maybe, as a society, as investors, as Tesla-fans, as panelists here, cancel the cancel-culture for gods sake?

Yes, I do not agree with many people in the world, but if I own the right to have my own opinion, so does everyone.
Or, put otherwise (with an eye on "certain" countries): Everyone free spech or no one.

Anything else will create bigger problems than the "good guys" are trying to solve by insisting that their belief/truth/opinion is worth more.

Of course, all within what's legal.

My impression on Twitter this morning is that the site is not only working, it seems to be working better than ever, I would says it is slicker, but that is hard to prove.

There a very important improvement with action being taken to prevent the posting of child exploitation material which has apparently been going on for months, perhaps years. I hope law enforcement are on to that.

I wish Elon spent more time emphasizing the below improvements than cherry picking right wing talking points to agree with. For someone interested in balance, Musk rarely calls out right wing shortcomings and instead focuses heavily on left wing criticisms - some of which, frankly, border on conspiratorial.

A romantic and nerd view which doesn’t factor in the „Kanye moves“ Elon demonstrated the last 2 days. Gaslighting comes to mind

It seems to me that anyone hoping to provide a logical and rational perspective is likely well advised to avoid demonstrating whatever "Kanye moves" are, if they want to be taken seriously.

Nerds are cool. 🤓

As for Kanye, I have no point of reference to measure from, being almost completely unfamiliar with that branch of society.

My impression on Twitter this morning is that the site is not only working, it seems to be working better than ever

This is not accurate based on actual data available.

In last 24 hours problems have been roughly 10x-30x times average levels reported depending on time of day.

This IS a small improvement from the previous 24 hours where it was 10x-40x average levels, but still way worse than average.

The % of distribution of the problems (app, website, or server) remained roughly the same though between the two days.

None of this means "OMG TWITTER IS GOING DARK TOMORROW" of course as Ogre keeps trying to project onto the totally-not-claiming-that arguments some are making here.... but it does mean the service has had measurably, significantly, more technical and functional problems since most of the staff no longer works there.

This is not accurate based on actual data available.

In last 24 hours problems have been roughly 10x-30x times average levels reported depending on time of day.

This IS a small improvement from the previous 24 hours where it was 10x-40x average levels, but still way worse than average.

The % of distribution of the problems (app, website, or server) remained roughly the same though between the two days.

None of this means "OMG TWITTER IS GOING DARK TOMORROW" of course as Ogre keeps trying to project onto the totally-not-claiming-that arguments some are making here.... but it does mean the service has had measurably, significantly, more technical and functional problems since most of the staff no longer works there.
Surely it’s from all the salt corroding the servers.

Not quite.
The ancestors of the American Indians were nomadic hunters of northeast Asia who migrated over the Bering Strait land bridge into North America probably during the last glacial period (11,500–30,000 years ago). By c. 10,000 bc they had occupied much of North, Central, and South America.
1668977554144.png

Encyclopedia Britannica › Ameri...

Any you wonder why Twitter was going nowhere before Elon...... :p

There seems to be this growth obsession with twitter, but has there really been any growth with FB or Instagram? The only growth seems to be with TikTok, but that's a completely different situation where it seems like billions was poured into it to push for that growth.

What was so wrong about twitter to the point that it needed to be destroyed and rebuilt? For the entire culture of people working for twitter to change?

Twitter was, and still is a great place to find information on fast evolving stories, and in order to REALLY follow the rabbit hole of a new story you need to login to twitter. This insures that people don't delete their account as they need their account even if all they want to do is keep up with an unfolding situation.

Twitter was going just fine before Elon despite being bloated.

The recession would have caused Twitter to reduce its bloat so some of the trim down would have happened anyways, but in a more controlled manner.

This isn't to say there wasn't a lot of technical improvements that could have been made with twitter, but I'm just not seeing any massive change that needed to happen for the survival of twitter as it was.

Not true. If you've logged in before or ever been asked to login, they make it where you can't read anything to try to get you to login. But you can instead remove all Twitter cookies and you should be able to at least read one thread via a direct link. That's the way I've always read stuff on the site and I haven't logged in in many years.

But, it is true in all practicality.

The advise you gave is good for someone who just wants to read one thread occasionally, but you're seriously limited in what you can do. Like you can't read all posts and replies from someone.

I have a twitter account, and I still find it annoying. It's annoying having to login when you have zero desire to post anything. Like I'm not logged in on my computer as I typically only use twitter on my phone.

My impression on Twitter this morning is that the site is not only working, it seems to be working better than ever, I would says it is slicker, but that is hard to prove.

There a very important improvement with action being taken to prevent the posting of child exploitation material which has apparently been going on for months, perhaps years. I hope law enforcement are on to that.

This is a perfect kind of post of on TMC.

It continues theme of "it seems to be working better than ever" or "its slicker" after an update.

But, it is true in all practicality.

The advise you gave is good for someone who just wants to read one thread occasionally, but you're seriously limited in what you can do. Like you can't read all posts and replies from someone.

I have a twitter account, and I still find it annoying. It's annoying having to login when you have zero desire to post anything. Like I'm not logged in on my computer as I typically only use twitter on my phone.
Sure, it's annoying as hell. But the last thing I'm ever going to do is reward a company for annoying me. So I clear cookies as often as I need to and curse at them if it makes me feel better. Or I just stop reading the site if it bugs me too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.