Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doxxing discussion out of Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lawrence Fossi was hiding his identity. Perhaps because he was actually lying about verifiable facts; when he got caught lying about verifiable facts at Seeking Alpha, and called on it, he would try to ban the commenters who caught him. Or perhaps simply because he wanted to hide his oil connections. He hid his identity for malicious reasons.

I was one of the commenters on this articles who had their posts/comments deleted on SeekingAlpha. The reasons given for deleting my posts were quite flimsy - claiming that my comment was not related to the article, claiming I had included names of authors, claiming my comment was a personal attack etc. None of these were true, my comments were always polite and asking for explanation or refuting some information in the article. At one point, SeekingAlpha email informing me that my comment was deleted also stated that my account would be banned if I continued in this manner. So, I stopped reading seekingapha or posting for a long time.

I am glad he has been outed, he deserved it. I hope SeekingAlpha gets under pressure to apologize as well, since clearly they have been posting these articles with no regard for accuracy or truth. Shame on them.

Montana's farewell on SA...

Yesterday, July 23, I decided to cease writing about Tesla (TSLA) here at the Seeking Alpha web site. I also deactivated my Twitter account, where I was @MontanaSkeptic1. Here is what prompted those decisions.

Yesterday afternoon, the principal of the family office in which I am employed received a communication from someone purporting to be Elon Musk. Doubtful that Elon Musk could actually be attempting to contact him, my employer asked one of my colleagues to investigate and respond.

My colleague then spoke by phone with Elon Musk (it was indeed him). Mr. Musk complained to my colleague about my writing at Seeking Alpha and on Twitter. Mr. Musk said if I continued to write, he would engage counsel and sue me.

My colleague then spoke with me about the phone call. We both agreed that Mr. Musk’s phone call and threatened lawsuit were actions that would tend to involve our employer in matters in which he has had no part. To avoid such a consequence, I offered to immediately cease writing at Seeking Alpha and to deactivate my Twitter account.

Farewell For Now - Montana Skeptic | Seeking Alpha
There is a real victim here. I'm concerned about what this means for Montana Septic. This can be a real crisis for a parody persona. One loses a reason to be, one loses a sense of identity and purpose. It can be a real existential crisis. I know this is not a real person, but even fake online personas have feeling and, some say, rights. So let's all keep in mind that the real victim here is Montana Septic. All the best, little parody guy.

I bet Elon’s words were: cut it out or we’ll sue your a$$, your choice. Click.

This is always the first step in litigation, personally confront the issue if it remains unresolved thereafter, take them to court.

Seems like you were right. And again we see the Fairfax playbook at play: if you start the court proceedings, the harassing behaviour will end.

I guess this works in cases where the noise is coming from a vocal (but small) group of people. If the whole nation is upset with you, going after critics will only enrage the masses. Will be interesting to see how Mark B.S. reacts to this...

Montana's farewell on SA...

Yesterday, July 23, I decided to cease writing about Tesla (TSLA) here at the Seeking Alpha web site. I also deactivated my Twitter account, where I was @MontanaSkeptic1. Here is what prompted those decisions.

Yesterday afternoon, the principal of the family office in which I am employed received a communication from someone purporting to be Elon Musk. Doubtful that Elon Musk could actually be attempting to contact him, my employer asked one of my colleagues to investigate and respond.

My colleague then spoke by phone with Elon Musk (it was indeed him). Mr. Musk complained to my colleague about my writing at Seeking Alpha and on Twitter. Mr. Musk said if I continued to write, he would engage counsel and sue me.

My colleague then spoke with me about the phone call. We both agreed that Mr. Musk’s phone call and threatened lawsuit were actions that would tend to involve our employer in matters in which he has had no part. To avoid such a consequence, I offered to immediately cease writing at Seeking Alpha and to deactivate my Twitter account.

Farewell For Now - Montana Skeptic | Seeking Alpha

What a passive aggressive piece of *sugar*.

Personally, I think dragging his employer through the mud is also appropriate. Then again, anyone who employs Montana Skeptic, as an investment advisor no less, deserves all the bad advise coming their way.

Edit: I just did a Wikipedia search on his employer, and it seems he is beyond shaming. Montana Skeptic and Stewart Rahr are a match made in heaven. Montana Skeptic’s employer:

Guns, Girls And Sex Tapes: The Unhinged, Hedonistic Saga Of Billionaire Stewart Rahr, 'Number One King Of All Fun'

Last edited:
So here are some more information about that case.

M.S. makes the claim that Elon called his employer and told him to sue if he does not stop writing about Tesla. Its hard to believe someone who obviously did not tell the truth in the past but for the sake of the argument lets do that for a second.

If Elon did tell them to sue he may have something in his hands we are not aware about. The fact that M.S. employer asked him to stop writing or leave is a clear indication that the company was afraid to have been seen as an Oil&Gas company and through a prominent short trying to bring down Tesla and that this could hurt their business and customer relationship.

That said the fact that M.S. is pulling back is of course not a statement of being guilty but maybe just afraid to be involved in a long law suit or loosing his job or both.

Still I have my doubts thats its true that Elon called in. Even if he wanted to it would be the normal way to ask a lawyer doing that call otherwise he would risk another social media *sugar* storm and that would not be good for the public perception at all.

His (M.S.) pull back may have a very different other reason though. Within the next 3 months if not today already Tesla has/ will have achieved profitability. Numbers will show the truth in Q3 maybe if it gets bad in Q4 but my bet is Q3.

At that stage all shorts will claim its been a one time event but their entire argumentation will be proven to have been wrong and fall like a card house. People like him will be very much in the defense for the time to come and this could be a good moment for him to get out keeping his face.

Elon Musk Threatened to "Engage Counsel and Sue" Popular Tesla Critic

Seems like you were right. And again we see the Fairfax playbook at play: if you start the court proceedings, the harassing behaviour will end.

I guess this works in cases where the noise is coming from a vocal (but small) group of people. If the whole nation is upset with you, going after critics will only enrage the masses. Will be interesting to see how Mark B.S. reacts to this...

It’s about time Musk goes after the perpetrator(s). He has all the evidence on hand, it’s written in black and white. It should take the jury 15 minutes to see through the lying scumbag’s teeth. Marky boy now has his tail between his legs, if he and his boss really stood behind those articles on Seeking Alpha, they would fight, but I can almost guarantee they will have near zero probability of winning this one.

This is a man’s game Marky boy, no time for your BS. Now go do as you’re told. Not so tough now eh?

It’s about time Musk goes after the perpetrator(s). He has all the evidence on hand, it’s written in black and white. It should take the jury 15 minutes to see through the lying scumbag’s teeth. Marky boy now has his tail between his legs, if he and his boss really stood behind those articles on Seeking Alpha, they would fight, but I can almost guarantee they will have near zero probability of winning this one.

This is a man’s game Marky boy, no time for your BS. Now go do as you’re told. Not so tough now eh?

It sounds like you’re conflating Mark Spiegel and Lawrence Fossi (Montana Skeptic). Fossi is the one who works for Rahr.

Was wondering who these guys were.

According to the the Google.

Lawrence Fossi?
1da7921.jpg

His boss Rahr

08RAHR1-superJumbo.jpg

He was quoted as calling him self: “Stewie Rah Rah, the No. 1 King of All Fun.”

The World Through Stewart Rahr’s Neon Glasses

Funny, looks like a guy who would enjoy driving a nice Model S with the windows down and the sunroof open.

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Funny
Reactions: X Fan and Boomer19

I always think it's unfair to judge people on how they look, but WTF, he looks like a smarmy twat...

Another quote - the cheek of it!

The critic states he is “proud of everything I wrote at Seeking Alpha, and have immensely appreciated the extraordinary support of so many SA members and contributors,” which “more than makes up for the endless mendacity and vicious personal attacks I have endured from many Tesla cultists and from publications such as Electrek and Teslarati.”

more than makes up for the endless mendacity and vicious personal attacks I have endured from many Tesla cultists and from publications such as Electrek and Teslarati.”

Well when you post misinformation under the guise of being an "expert", all to manipulate the stock for your own interests and in doing so, cost investors and workers billions of dollars... well I think people may get upset.