Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does new tesla come with j1772 at the time of delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

theocguy

M3RWD - MSM/BLK/OD:03/22/Picked up 10/31/2022
Feb 11, 2022
Southern CA
Picking up our M3RWD on coming Monday.
I have ordered the mobile charger using the coupon they provided. It comes with the standard 110v plug and 14-50.

Does new tesla come with j1772 at the time of delivery inside the car?

I have just received another email from tesla about my MYLR order. It said I will get the promo code to order a mobile charger and the J1772 will come delivery with the car. I will check in Monday if it comes with the M3RWD.

No… have to order/buy it yourself. The Tesla voucher only given if car ordered before April… after that no credit.
The J1772 adapter is not the same thing as the Tesla Mobile Connector and they are used for two different purposes. The Mobile Connector is no longer included but the J1772 adapter is still included.

I can’t see them stripping that to be honest.

I mean, never say never (lol), but the J1772 adapter is required to plug into basically everything but a tesla specific charger. They still provide it with the car now, and we havent heard anything different.... but I would have also sworn that they would never stop providing the mobile adapter with the car, too.

Its bad enough that companies now ship cellphones without charging adapters "because you probably already have one from previous purchases" (which may or may not be true but has nothing to do with selling me something I cant even plug in to recharge), but doing it with a car? One of the more head scratching things Tesla has done, in an admitted "forest" of head scratchers.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
As far as I know, the J1772 adapter still comes with the vehicle for the time being, there hasn't been any news or rumors about it being removed.

In the future though... Anything's up in the air. After the removal of the mobile charger, I would not be entirely surprised of the removal of the J1772 adapter with a lame excuse of "most users charge at home and not use public chargers" or similar.

I mean, never say never (lol), but the J1772 adapter is required to plug into basically everything but a tesla specific charger. They still provide it with the car now, and we havent heard anything different.... but I would have also sworn that they would never stop providing the mobile adapter with the car, too.

Its bad enough that companies now ship cellphones without charging adapters "because you probably already have one from previous purchases" (which may or may not be true but has nothing to do with selling me something I cant even plug in to recharge), but doing it with a car? One of the more head scratching things Tesla has done, in an admitted "forest" of head scratchers.
The decontenting is more infuriating than price increases themselves.

The decontenting is more infuriating than price increases themselves.

I agree with you there, 100%. At least for me, the "miss" isnt necessarily charging for the mobile connector (or homelink, for example). Its not either having a clickbox in the order to order it and pay for it, and have it ready to go when you pick up the car (homelink) or increasing the price of the car an extra $200 with a pre selected purchase of the mobile connector, and if you unselect it, you save $200 and get a warning dialog box that states something about "this means no charging cable comes with the car".

shrug...

Picking up our M3RWD on coming Monday.
I have ordered the mobile charger using the coupon they provided. It comes with the standard 110v plug and 14-50.

Does new tesla come with j1772 at the time of delivery inside the car?
I am answering my own question. I picked up my car on Monday 10/31 and it did come with it. They put the front license plate bracket and the J1772 in the truck.

Reactions: house9 and tm1v2
I picked up a new Model 3 RWD today. The J1772 adapter was loose in the trunk. Thanks for reminding me that I intend to stick it into the case for the Mobile connector and put that in one of the two side cavities in the trunk. Well, maybe not. I think the J1772 more belongs in either a door pocket or a console cavity for our family.