Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do FWD's auto-close when driving (and what speed)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FlasherZ

Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv
Jun 21, 2012
Curious - there is a parade opportunity coming up for our Model X. Has anyone determined at what speed the Model X can be driven with the doors open, and whether the car attempts to automatically close them as with Model S's hatch?

Curious - there is a parade opportunity coming up for our Model X. Has anyone determined at what speed the Model X can be driven with the doors open, and whether the car attempts to automatically close them as with Model S's hatch?
I was at the reveal and they were dropping off people and then moving ahead to pick others up with the doors open.
Also saw a video with one driving with them open

A parade will be slow, so you can probably do this; no way to know except to try it. You might also be able to force the doors to stay open by opening them an pulling the relevant fuse.

A parade will be slow, so you can probably do this; no way to know except to try it. You might also be able to force the doors to stay open by opening them an pulling the relevant fuse.

I tried driving with a FW door open in my driveway yesterday. You can do it but there is a constant reminder and chime on dash console and the tablet telling you it is open and needs to be closed.