Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

diy plug in home portable solar panels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife got her M3 last Feb, I just got my MYLR a two weeks ago. We live in hot and humid Houston. We're not quite ready to install roof top solar panels yet. Our roof is still good for another 5 years or so. I've been researching diy plug in portable solar panels like in the video (maybe just 2 panels) to supplement our electricity use during the summer when it'll be +95'F and +80% humidity.

small grid tie in inverters that only work if it detects power from the grid, so no back feed with the power goes out.

only 2 panels so not to produce more electricity that we can use.

roll it out from the back porch, and plug it in when I get home at 3pm and unplug when the sun goes down around 800pm, my backyard is on the East side so entire yard is shaded around 7:30-8pm even though the sun isn't fully set.

TY

correct. just trying to supplement the electricity used by the A/C during the summer. last summer during the +100'F summer our electric bill was around $300. and that was with just the M3. now we've added a MYLR.

our electricity hardly ever goes out for too long. during Hurricane Ike we lost power for just a few hours, the 2021 week long ice storm we only lost power for a few hours. we have a Centerpoint substation just a few miles away and they've been quick to restore power.