Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, we took delivery of our MYLR W/B/19 (OD 1/23) yesterday. It was kinda bittersweet watching the guy from Tesla driving old RAV4EV away. I'm happy to report that my wife is very happy with the choice after driving it for a couple of days. She likes it so much better than my M3SR. I guess I didn't realize how much the sports car profile of the M3 bothered her. The higher perch and easier entry and exit makes a big difference in her book.
Congratulations on getting your car! If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. :)

Hang in there it's going to happen.
Not sure if this might given them a nudge or not. Do you reach out to the SA through texts occasionally? Who knows? can't hurt. The reality of it is this just isn't a 'fair' way for them to do things, as in sequentially. I am also going to guess that without sales tax in NJ, there were a LOT of orders. I could be wrong.
I do not even have a text number to text to the SA. I called last week and spoke to a nice SA but they really could not do much but note that I would take a car in my config if someone pulled out last minute. Also noted, I need to keep car under the $55k to get the NJ rebate.

Yes, the no sales tax, the rebate, and for some, free install of charger (from electric company) really are incentives to purchase an EV in NJ.

Well, I'm officially $57,715.25 poorer...for a vehicle I've never seen or driven. I wired payment to Tesla this afternoon and received a text message stating: "This is confirmation that all account tasks required to take possession of the vehicle are complete and nothing further is required from you." Within the next 30 days, I get to write a check to my local tax collector for another ~$4,000 for tax, title, and registration then wait a year to get the $7,500 tax credit. Yay. :)

That's so weird. I just read another Vancouverite place an order for a MYP and his EDD right off the bat is Apr 2023. I'd definitely talk to your SA again and find out whether your upgrade has been properly reflected in their system. Seems kind of odd.
IMG_0621.jpg

Blergh. So zero response to my question as to why new orders are Apr 2023 and my order for a MYP is late May to July other than "they will change." I guess back to waiting on a largely opaque process to run its course and hope nothing's bugged or wrong.

Reactions: Skunis
Well, I'm officially $57,715.25 poorer...for a vehicle I've never seen or driven. I wired payment to Tesla this afternoon and received a text message stating: "This is confirmation that all account tasks required to take possession of the vehicle are complete and nothing further is required from you." Within the next 30 days, I get to write a check to my local tax collector for another ~$4,000 for tax, title, and registration then wait a year to get the $7,500 tax credit. Yay. :)
Stinks you have to pay before you even see the car. Never heard of such a thing.

Stinks you have to pay before you even see the car. Never heard of such a thing.
It's certainly a very different process from any of the other 40-something automobiles and motorcycles I've purchased over the years. I like the transparent, everyone-pays-the-same pricing. I like not being "offered" extended warranties, having unwanted accessories attached to the vehicle at ridiculous markups like $500 nitrogen tire fills, or being told, "They install that TruCoat at the factory - there's nothing we can do..." I dislike the fact that many states' laws prevent Tesla from selling direct making the buying process unnecessarily complicated and risky.

Last edited:
Congrats, just signed the loan documents myself! Wrote a check for half that amount, it stung a bit not gonna lie, but it will be worth it!

The panel gap is not as noticeable with the tint job but once seen, it's hard to unsee. Scheduled a service call for Friday. Any recent Austin builds without this issue? A reference photo I can use for Friday would be helpful...

Open questions:
1. I documented these issues via the Tesla app within the hour of accepting delivery with 19 miles on the vehicle. Am I supposed to send the vehicle into service with less than 100 miles?
2. If Tesla cannot fix said issues, are there any concessions I should expect (or not) or try to negotiate for? supercharge credits?
I completely agree. They should give you good credit to get it fixed. Sorry to see, it is heart breaking. You can’t let it go unnoticed for 55k car

Reactions: erktrek and 949r6
Call them to edit!
If you cancel you'd lose your $250 (yes I know you priced in already) AND you'd be(rolled back) back of the line again..

yeah they edited it for me same order # by text, even though I asked them to call me.

But they did text that it will auto update the price. I just hope Elon doesn't raise price in the nex few weeks ;)

I did get no options SR AWD, bunch in inventory. just getting it to AZ. Q: Tax credit is good indefinitely right not just till 4/18??

why do wire till you see the car? I'm going the cashiers check/app ACH route.

• Funny
Reactions: Jesse75 and beewang
yeah they edited it for me same order # by text, even though I asked them to call me.

But they did text that it will auto update the price. I just hope Elon doesn't raise price in the nex few weeks ;)

I did get no options SR AWD, bunch in inventory. just getting it to AZ. Q: Tax credit is good indefinitely right not just till 4/18??
The price, once lowered on an order, won't be raised by future price increases, although a future price decrease will be reflected.

why do wire till you see the car? I'm going the cashiers check/app ACH route.
Texas is one of several states where Tesla cannot sell direct. That means that they are not allowed to accept any type of check or even a suitcase full of cash for a new vehicle. They prefer that buyers use Plaid for payment, but I was not comfortable giving Plaid my online banking user name and password, so I chose the wire transfer option which must be completed before delivery.

Texas is one of several states where Tesla cannot sell direct. That means that they are not allowed to accept any type of check or even a suitcase full of cash for a new vehicle. They prefer that buyers use Plaid for payment, but I was not comfortable giving Plaid my online banking user name and password, so I chose the wire transfer option which must be completed before delivery.

Bummer. That option saved my butt for refusing used X delivery with LOTS of issues. You can do ACH w/o password if you hit back button on app.

BTW Surprised Elon hasn't worked his magic in his new "home" state. I lived in ATX and would have loved to tour the new Giga factory and accept delivery there like the European co.s Darn the dealer lobby!

Reactions: zroger73
An update on my delivery. Tesla texted us last Thursday and said that the car came in early (a week early). We picked the car up on Saturday and had no major issues. The gaps, functionality, fit, and finish were all good. The only issue was a round scratch on the trim above the driver's side window that will be replaced tomorrow at our house.

The SA allowed us to look inside before taking delivery. Overall delivery went well though the SA on E. Sahara wasn't going out of their way to inform us about the vehicle. I had to ask for a quick overview of setting everything up and after asking they were happy to give the overview.

As of day 3, everything is going well.

Good luck with all your deliveries and I hope they come soon.