Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an update on my late January order today.
Order date: 01/25. EDD: Jan-March
1/31 update EDD: 03/17-03/31
3/4 update EDD: 4/15 - 5/20
SoCal

The delay would make me lose the IRS credit and CA rebate, no longer making sense to purchase this car. I updated the rims to “20 to see if that would make my delivery date to March. If not then will end up trying to get an inventory Standard Range MY. Anyone with experience on time from MY SR purchase from inventory to delivery ?
3 hours after updating the rims to 20” I got the message that my VIN was assigned and my delivery date was moved to 03/16-03/22.

So changing the rims did it.. it is $2k more. That moved the car price to $55500 for me, which is still very close to a possible alternative ID4 where I live. So will go for it.

LRMY white/black interior (initially 19”), no additionals
Order date 1/25
1/31 EDD 3/17-3/31
3/4 EDD 4/15-5/20
3/4 changed to 20” rims, now EDD 3/16-3/22

SoCal

3 hours after updating the rims to 20” I got the message that my VIN was assigned and my delivery date was moved to 03/16-03/22.

So changing the rims did it.. it is $2k more. That moved the car price to $55500 for me, which is still very close to a possible alternative ID4 where I live. So will go for it.

Order date 1/25
1/31 EDD 3/17-3/31
3/4 EDD 4/15-5/20

SoCal
Was there a W/B/20 MYLR in the inventory that got assigned to you after switching to 20" or did it happen just because you switched to 20" ?

Was there a W/B/20 MYLR in the inventory that got assigned to you after switching to 20" or did it happen just because you switched to 20" ?
There was nothing in inventory. I think it was just assigned because the change to 20" . I had been resisting for the longest time to upgrade to the 20", but at this point it seemed like the only way to get the car delivered for me to take the tax credit and CA rebate. It does work. Still on the fence on taking it if not eligible for the full $7500 at the time of delivery.

Reactions: Sohaib89

Order date 1/25
1/31 EDD 3/17-3/31
3/4 EDD 4/15-5/20

SoCal
This 20” rim upgrade trick seems so wrong, but yet it is so right, lol

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: slyderz3
Update this morning is kind of a gut punch

OD Jan 21st MYLR White/Black 19"
EDD 1: Jan - March
EDD 2: 3/8 - 3/31
2/14 EDD 3: 3/26 - 3/31
3/4 EDD 4: 5/19 - 6/30 !!:eek:

what on earth has happened in Fremont? I could easily see the date slipping into April but this is a little rediculous...the EDD now lines up with the dates they are givng for a new order 😭
I'm with you! Those same EDD changes happened to me, kind of a rug pull on the 3/26 - 3/31 (though I think mine was 3/20 - 3/31).. a few days ago it adjusted to Apr 15 - May 19.

Welcome to the 2nd quarter production run!

Suppose IRS provides guidance in mid-March that halves the tax credit to $3750. Would upgraded hardware such as higher resolution cameras be enough incentive for you all to keep your order? Or would you require additional incentives such as free Supercharger miles to keep your order?

In the above scenario, I would be most pleased if Tesla would offer a credit ($1K) towards an upgrade such as the Acceleration Boost or 20" wheels.
MY will still qualify for full regardless when IRS release guidance.
The battery minerals and assemble country both meet requirement.

MY will still qualify for full regardless when IRS release guidance.
The battery minerals and assemble country both meet requirement.
If this is the case why Tesla advertises this on the website for Model Y?
This credit amount is in effect for deliveries until March 2023.
Customers who take delivery of a qualified new Tesla and meet all federal requirements are eligible for a tax credit up to $7,500. This credit amount applies to deliveries now and may change during March 2023, at which point the credit value may be reduced.