Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the text to schedule a delivery date. Unfortunately, my wife is working both days and cannot make the 2 days they have available. Do both registrants need to be there for delivery? I thought someone said only 1 needs to be there by my Tesla advisor says both need to be present. If that’s the case, can they give me a new date? Thanks!
Not any help I know, sorry. But, they should have an e-Document a couple could sign for the one not able to attend. Seems simple enough. I hope you both are able to work out the delivery to your satisfacion.

Reactions: BailMY
I woke up this morning, Tesla was on my mind (sung to You were on my mind).

Sadly, my 21MAR-31MAR which held for over a month, just got pushed to 10APR-15MAY! :mad: We sold our car and are now to one. Have not told my wife yet. Anyone have a garage I could sleep in? :D

I went into Tesla nearby. I was considering changing my order. Unless they have one coming to Chicago area, they cannot move the RN number to another car. He said to be patient and hoping that the date will be moved closer.

He did caution me about buying one from out of state that matches my order. For the State's rebate, the car has to be purchased in our state (Illinois). This might apply to other states, so just a word of caution. On that note, speaking of IL., their funding did run out. However, it is in a proposal to put more money into the budget for it. Illinois has 90 days from purchase to qualify. So my fingers are crossed on that.

Hoping the locks to the house do not get changed!

Just got the text to schedule a delivery date. Unfortunately, my wife is working both days and cannot make the 2 days they have available. Do both registrants need to be there for delivery? I thought someone said only 1 needs to be there by my Tesla advisor says both need to be present. If that’s the case, can they give me a new date? Thanks!
Tesla says both have to be there. But maybe you could get a power of attorney dually notarized, etc., etc. (I am not a lawyer, so get some advise, but more importantly, ask your SA if Tesla will accept that). I think my wife had a POA for some aspect of our recent home purchase.

I woke up this morning, Tesla was on my mind (sung to You were on my mind).

Sadly, my 21MAR-31MAR which held for over a month, just got pushed to 10APR-15MAY! :mad: We sold our car and are now to one. Have not told my wife yet. Anyone have a garage I could sleep in? :D

I went into Tesla nearby. I was considering changing my order. Unless they have one coming to Chicago area, they cannot move the RN number to another car. He said to be patient and hoping that the date will be moved closer.

He did caution me about buying one from out of state that matches my order. For the State's rebate, the car has to be purchased in our state (Illinois). This might apply to other states, so just a word of caution. On that note, speaking of IL., their funding did run out. However, it is in a proposal to put more money into the budget for it. Illinois has 90 days from purchase to qualify. So my fingers are crossed on that.

Hoping the locks to the house do not get changed!
That’s a bad beat. Sounds like a desperate situation. I would’ve advised don’t sell your car until you get your new car because Tesla’s EDDs have been very unreliable. If you really need a car soon maybe you need to cave in w the 20” rim?

seeing a bunch of NJs getting the same EDD

is your NJ location paramus?
Mine is..
are all NJ locations getting 3/13-3/31 :)... i have see a few now
I picked up my MY on 2/14 and a few of the NJ buyers on here also picked up that same week. I believe we all got the notification to schedule around the same time too. A few others also picked up the week afterwards and this was across multiple locations like Springfield, Cherry Hill, Paramus, etc.

Tesla says both have to be there. But maybe you could get a power of attorney dually notarized, etc., etc. (I am not a lawyer, so get some advise, but more importantly, ask your SA if Tesla will accept that). I think my wife had a POA for some aspect of our recent home purchase.
For me it was just accepting delivery of the car using the Tesla app with the account used to purchase the vehicle. After inspecting the vehicle, I accepted delivery of the car and then drove off so there was nothing Tesla needed on my end (I paid in advance so didn't have to do that during pickup). All the "paperwork" for me was in the app and it was just viewing/accepting the terms documents.

Last edited:
That’s a bad beat. Sounds like a desperate situation. I would’ve advised don’t sell your car until you get your new car because Tesla’s EDDs have been very unreliable. If you really need a car soon maybe you need to cave in w the 20” rim?
Well, my first Tesla experience and I had no idea. When I ordered we could live with FEB-MAR. I will not show my wife your reply! :D Man rules are that you support ME!!!!!! Kidding, of course.

The SA today stronly advised against the 20" wheels. He said we would not be happy with the ride compared to 19". As has been discussed many times here.

Thanks for the reply.

MYLR - White/BLACK/5 seat/19"/TOW
OD: 01/18/2023, EDD:all Over the place but currently Feb 28 - Mar 9 (No Vin)

With the ever changing delivery window it seems clear that "estimate" seems to actually mean "wild guess" to Tesla.

Yesterday I needed to redo my trade in info because of the time, gotta say, I am not at all impressed with the Tesla Advisor over text for multiple reasons. Most recently though, after I redid the trade in stuff in the app yesterday, they told me to email it to my local Tesla dealership. I asked why I would needed to do that when I did it in the app, and told them if that needs done, they can do it for me. What value are they bringing? I would suspect my Vin may never come. haha

Very frustrating experience though including the fact that the dealership on the day I ordered said I should "for sure" get before March if I ordered a 5 seater that day.

Reactions: BailMY
Curious what everyone’s insurance quote a month or year was with excellent insurance rating

AFA insurance in NJ. Just looked at the numbers for the latest six month upcoming State Farm renewal which is for a BMW X1 and the MYLR, as compared to the BMW and the Kona Electric I just got rid of. The premium increase for the six month period is $200.00.

• Informative
Reactions: erktrek

With the ever changing delivery window it seems clear that "estimate" seems to actually mean "wild guess" to Tesla.

Yesterday I needed to redo my trade in info because of the time, gotta say, I am not at all impressed with the Tesla Advisor over text for multiple reasons. Most recently though, after I redid the trade in stuff in the app yesterday, they told me to email it to my local Tesla dealership. I asked why I would needed to do that when I did it in the app, and told them if that needs done, they can do it for me. What value are they bringing? I would suspect my Vin may never come. haha

Very frustrating experience though including the fact that the dealership on the day I ordered said I should "for sure" get before March if I ordered a 5 seater that day.
Ouch - part of the issue could be various laws which differ from state to state also Tesla technically does not have "dealerships" but "stores".. 🤓

Always take whatever Tesla or a Tesla Advisor says with a grain of salt. Down the road when you hopefully are able to pick up your Tesla, you will inevitably hear the words "it's in spec" come out from the Tesla Advisors there.