Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Continue your effort to revert your order back
  • Walk away and forfeit your $250 order fee
  • Move forward with the higher priced accelerated order and consider the 2k as a fee to accelerate your delivery, the other 2k (4k total) is for the 20" wheels that you agreed to
Make a decision and enjoy the rest of your day
Thank you for the advice, i want to talk and explain the situation to a supervisor at Tesla, is there a number to call? Number i called 1888-518-3752put me on hold for 47 minutes then hung up on me. Frustratiing.

Dang, that's a lot to take on!

Here's how it would go for me if I installed PPF... As we're cruising down the freeway, spouse asks 'What's that flapping/whistling sound?' I respond, 'Oh that's the PPF doing its job. Hey, isn't this interior really cool?'.

same...i do not have any diy skills what so ever.

it's really sad.

mine will probably end up like how it does on the simpsons where everything just explodes.

pour milk into a bowl of cereal...explosion..

Yeah you should have asked the SA to edit it for you. Since you edited it yourself, I don't think anything can be done now. You can simply edit your design again to the previous configuration but I am afraid that might push you back the line. I would go meet the SA and ask for help.
I tried several times trying to get a car assigned while it is available through SA, but they always respond back late next day or so and saying the car is no longer available.

I tried several times trying to get a car assigned while it is available through SA, but they always respond back late next day or so and saying the car is no longer available.
I know they reply late. That is why I always go visit the Tesla near me to talk to them directly but the Tesla is very close to my home. So I know it might not apply to you and many others here. The best way to get hold of them is to go meet them directly.

• Helpful
Reactions: fredzos and chobra
I appreciate both the points and counter-points. Picked my Model Y up on 2/2, and am so far extremely happy with it. Thanks in part to this very thread, that helped make the whole experience that much more special to me! (Though I'll try to keep from straying from topic from now on - I'm admittedly one of the worst offenders - sorry!)

That said, I'll be the first to admit that there were some things I did not know about the Model Y before I pulled the trigger - my fault, despite doing tons and tons of reading. But range is a big one. It's kind of funny that it's called the "Long Range" model Y. Maybe relatively speaking it's longer range than previous Tesla's, but not in comparison with a gas car. And it's not a trivial subject - range can vary greatly depending on the circumstances. Finally, the EPA of 330 miles is misleading at best, I feel. Still love my Model Y, but certainly the range issue should factor pretty high on the list of those trying to decide. Did I mention I'm absolutely in love with this car?
The EPA range on all cars is wishful thinking. And all cars’ range will suffer in cold weather

Yeah you should have asked the SA to edit it for you. Since you edited it yourself, I don't think anything can be done now. You can simply edit your design again to the previous configuration but I am afraid that might push you back the line. I would go meet the SA and ask for help.
What's the best way to get a hold of SA to get a VIN assigned from existing inventory? My contact with SA has been thru text and the fastest was couple hours. Most of the time, the MYLR will be gone within 15 min to half an hour.

May or may not have made a mistake in the heat of the moment. Background - ordered MSM black 19" on 1/19. EDD was pushed to March end hence changed to Blue and 20".

Now saw a white color with other configuration same, pop up in inventory and placed a request to take it. Not quite sure if white is the color I ever wanted. I am both excited and skeptical right now.

I think I am skeptical about this being a rejected VIN. It did say less than 50 on odometer on the website which is standard. How do I tell if it is a rejected VIN or not? Would appreciate if someone can help me with this while I look for earlier posts with this information.

Thank you.

I need suggestion.
I have ordered MODELYLR WHITE/BLACK/ 19 inch on 01/25.
today I saw one in inventory with WHITE/BLACK/20 INCH/ TOW HITCH.
I have quickly called Tesla to assign it to me , the odometer is 15 and it is on the way to Seattle . Delivery is scheduled for 28th feb, its Fremont build. Should I take the delivery or should I wait for standard version? is it worth to spend $3k for tax credit. Does all Fremont build car have Matrix lights?

What's the best way to get a hold of SA to get a VIN assigned from existing inventory? My contact with SA has been thru text and the fastest was couple hours. Most of the time, the MYLR will be gone within 15 min to half an hour.
If you live near the Tesla delivery center, just drive to them as soon as you see something in the inventory you would like to switch your order to. That is the only way as far as I have observed.

I spoke of this last night with a SA. When the MY IRA cap was $55k, many of the orders were with 19s in order to keep the MSRP below that threshold. Now that the limit is now $80K, Tesla would like to upsell to 20s. I opined that was to gain larger profit margin and reduce glut of 20s. He didn't disagree.
Yup. This is what I did. Had the tow on a MSM 5 seater with 19” and upgraded to 20” as soon as the MYLR was no longer subject to the $55k cap.

Need advise :

Ordered MYLRMSM19" basic cost was $52990+gray color=$53990
This morning I saw a same built plus the induction wheels (+$2000) for $54990 was being offered to me in my account, thinking that tesla will honor my original order price $52990 and clicked on confirm and grabbed the car. Got win within seconds.
But the basic price of the car changed from $52990 to $54990. plus, the $2000 induction wheels and car end up costing me $4000 more.
I called and texted SA, unfortunately they would not honor my initial order price of $52990! They changed it to $54990.
I am very disappointed and trying to find ways to rectify the situation. I told them i don't want the car with higher price tag and would like to revert back to my initial order with no luck.
When i ordered the car on 1/20 i paid $250 deposit. $250 is supposed to lock my price and keep my order in place.
Unfortunately this is not the case. I feel like i was tricked into purchasing a more expensive car.
I want to talk to a supervisor or higher authority, unfortunately i was on hold twice more than 30 minutes with no answer.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Well that tears it. not making ANY changes to my W/W LR.
I do not think that is fair for them to tack on 2k in addition to the wheels without informing you in advance. Does Tesla record conversations like most large corps.

If so I would request a review based on what was recorded.

Reactions: Lady and erktrek
I need suggestion.
I have ordered MODELYLR WHITE/BLACK/ 19 inch on 01/25.
today I saw one in inventory with WHITE/BLACK/20 INCH/ TOW HITCH.
I have quickly called Tesla to assign it to me , the odometer is 15 and it is on the way to Seattle . Delivery is scheduled for 28th feb, its Fremont build. Should I take the delivery or should I wait for standard version? is it worth to spend $3k for tax credit. Does all Fremont build car have Matrix lights?
What standard version? Do you mean the standard range or revert to "no options" long range?

As for the $3k for tax credit... that's up to you. Numerically, it's a net positive of $4.5k once income taxes are done and all. But if you have a dislike for the wheels, then that's a personal opinion, which could matter even more than numbers.

And yes, for now, all Fremont MYs have Matrix lights.